It's Time to Promote Trey Mancini

sportsfan8703

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question: would Mancini have to be added to the 40 man roster this offseason anyhow, to protect him from the Rule V draft?

If so then I'm more willing to call him up now, since it's obvious that he'll be added over the offseason if need be.

I don't think so. He's only been in the system since 2013.

Put me in the camp for promoting Christian Walker to the Orioles and Trey Mancini to Norfolk.

Alvarez might be a good idea as well.

Shake up this offense.

Wouldn't mind seeing Reimold get some more PA's as well. Somebody needs to work the count.

Put me in the camp for promoting Christian Walker to the Orioles and Trey Mancini to Norfolk.

Shake up this offense.

Wouldn't mind seeing Reimold get some more PA's as well. Somebody needs to work the count.

I still think, its too early to throw in the white flag and bring up the unknown at this point. Play the hand we have, unless DD can improve on it, until it becomes out of it, then play the youngsters.

Shake up this offense.

Meh. Shaking and stirring is fine - but if the ingredients are substandard...

Travis Snider works the count

That's great but given an either or, give me the guy who can hit.

He has had some very well struck balls that have been caught recently. But yes, you are right, they have to fall in to be effective. Just like the broken bat Reimold hit or the Jones infield hit.

Using Schoop as a success story is pretty poor considering his 67 OPS+ last year.

Joseph was a minor league lifer prior to being jettisoned up because of Matt's injury.

Machado was pretty much a can't miss prospect. Same w/ Wieters.

I'd argue calling Gausman up so fast has been detrimental to his progress as a starter.

Didn't Schoop turn an ungodly amount of double plays last year? His defense alone was worth the call up. Yup, Schoop is a bum that's why every team is asking for him in deals. Calling Gausman up wasn't the problem. So we can't call up Mancini because some preseason/midseason list didn't have him ranked high enough? But the Mets calling up Conforto was a good move for them because he's ranked on a bunch of lists. I care about production not some rankings by a website that is limited to the amount of players they can actually see.

I'd bring up Alvarez and Walker and ship off Snider and Parmalee. That opens a spot for Mancini at AAA. Don't think it makes a difference in the long run, but this team isn't going to be in the playoffs this year. Let's see what some of those guys can do.

Just some fun Trey Mancini stats. He know leads all minor leaguer's in XBH's with 50, and leads all minor leaguer's with 214 total bases. Combine that with the remarks that Biggio made and it's just getting ridiculous the season he is having. At the age of 23.

Not comparing those stats to MLB'ers,just to show how much he is dominating, but those are Trout, Goldschmidt, Frazier, Harper numbers. Just like how they are having crazy, huge years in the MLB. That's what this guy is doing in the minors. #Goldschmidtlikeseason

Archived