Should Morneau get one in the ribs?

tim27

I believe Drungo's quote was that he "isn't terrible" not that he's not bad.

O, I'm sorry for having misinterperted "isn't terrible" as "not bad". You must have taken SG special reading comprehension class. Obviously, I missed it.

I'll almost guarantee that the organization has some other options that he could platoon with Erstad and Podsednik to optimize performance.

Here's your chance to prove your not a sheep. What other options do they have?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) He didn't do anything wrong. Bako mask came off and clipped him in the jaw. Accidents happen. If it was our guy barreling into Joe Mauer, we'd want him to do the same thing.

2) As mentioned, Daniel Cabrera intentionally putting on base runners is NOT a good idea. Especially against a lineup like the Twins.

3) Do you REALLY want to risk a brawl, which could lead to ejections...with our 3 man bench!? ("And now playing centerfield, Alberto Castillo, and looks like Chad Bradford is playing right field...")

O, I'm sorry for having misinterperted "isn't terrible" as "not bad". You must have taken SG special reading comprehension class. Obviously, I missed it.

Here's your chance to prove your not a sheep. What other options do they have?

Terrero...Ryan Sweeney....Just to name a few.

Erstad is terrible and Podsednik isn't any better.

Anderson is very good defensively but he hits like Bynum.

Then who does he start? Maybe- gasp- Erstad is his best option.

PECOTA projected OBP where applicable:

55 Gustavo Molina

12 A.J. Pierzynski .316

8 Alex Cintron .288

24 Joe Crede .318

15 Tadahito Iguchi .357

14 Paul Konerko .365

38 Pablo Ozuna .311

5 Juan Uribe .310

32 Brian Anderson .324

23 Jermaine Dye .354

17 Darin Erstad .294

10 Rob Mackowiak .329

22 Scott Podsednik .329

25 Jim Thome .385

Terrero...Ryan Sweeney....Just to name a few.

Actually that's two, not a few. And is this the same Terrero that couldn't make the Orioles last year? Yeah, that's a hell of an option. The guy had a .311 obp for Arizona over 180+ abs in 05. NEXT! Sweeny had an eqa of .129 in the bigs last year. Granted small sample size but its hardly guarnateed he'd be any better than what they got. NEXT!

Baaah. Baaah. That's all I'm hearing.

PECOTA projected OBP where applicable:

55 Gustavo Molina

12 A.J. Pierzynski .316

8 Alex Cintron .288

24 Joe Crede .318

15 Tadahito Iguchi .357

14 Paul Konerko .365

38 Pablo Ozuna .311

5 Juan Uribe .310

32 Brian Anderson .324

23 Jermaine Dye .354

17 Darin Erstad .294

10 Rob Mackowiak .329

22 Scott Podsednik .329

25 Jim Thome .385

Finally! At least a real argument. Well, the thing that leaps out at me is that team in general isn't great at getting on base. And I don't see any Rickey Henderson they're keeping on the bench in favor of Anderson or Erstad. Could you point him out to me?

Finally! At least a real argument. Well, the thing that leaps out at me is that team in general isn't great at getting on base. And I don't see any Rickey Henderson they're keeping on the bench in favor of Anderson or Erstad. Could you point him out to me?

No, they're definitely a low-OBP team no matter how you fill out the card, but there's no way that Darin Erstad is their "best option" for anything, especially near the top of the order.

I don't see why Iguchi isn't their leadoff guy. He can run a little and will take a walk, hits for pretty good averages, etc.

And "Keep on coming guys and I'll keep on eating you up"? Dude, what the hell?

No, they're definitely a low-OBP team no matter how you fill out the card, but there's no way that Darin Erstad is their "best option" for anything, especially near the top of the order.

I don't see why Iguchi isn't their leadoff guy. He can run a little and will take a walk, hits for pretty good averages, etc.

Maybe he isn't comfortable there. Who knows? But just to act as if its common knowledge that Ozzie is a bad manager is plain foolish, imo. He might be considered bad in the universe of the OH, but nobody's shown me why.

Actually that's two, not a few. And is this the same Terrero that couldn't make the Orioles last year? Yeah, that's a hell of an option. The guy had a .311 obp for Arizona over 180+ abs in 05. NEXT! Sweeny had an eqa of .129 in the bigs last year. Granted small sample size but its hardly guarnateed he'd be any better than what they got. NEXT!

Baaah. Baaah. That's all I'm hearing.

Terrero is a solid platoon guy..Good speed, hits lefties well and plus defensively. Versus lefties he would be better than Erstad, Podsednik and Anderson.

Erstad had a 630 OPS versus lefties from 2004-2006. He has also battled alot of injuries.

Podsednik has a 645 OPS versus lefties in that same time span.

To think these guys should be everyday players is a complete joke. Hell, POdsednik has a 698 OPS versus righties and Erstad has a 746 OPS versus righties in the same time frame. Do you think that is good?

Did you really bring up Sweeney last year in the majors? 21 year old kid with 35 abs? LOL...What a terrible argument. Sweeney is young, is increasing his power and has had a decent, albeit not great OBP in the minors but he has also been young for the leagues he has been in.

Maybe he isn't comfortable there. Who knows? But just to act as if its common knowledge that Ozzie is a bad manager is plain foolish, imo. He might be considered bad in the universe of the OH, but nobody's shown me why.

"Ozzie Guillen is a bad manager" isn't my argument.

"Ozzie Guillen is considering giving a signifcant hunk of playing time to a player not likely to have an OBP as good as Mark Belanger's career mark and this is a bad thing for the White Sox" is my argument.

Archived