Should Morneau get one in the ribs?

tim27

I'll begin by saying I don't think Morneau intentionally went to Bako's jaw last night, but he definetly meant to throw that elbow, though his target was the gloved hand. Regardless, he did hit Bako in the jaw. While I don't think he did anything outside of the rules, or even dirty, if I was DC I'd put one in his back tonight as soon as I faced him with the bases empty and 2 outs. Gotta protect your catcher. Thoughts from the board?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd just have Bako F with him a little bit.

Bako : "What's up Morneau? Nice hit yesterday. You know this Cabrera kid can get it up around 101 mph, right? Dude, he's been all over the place in warmups, so I wouldn't dig in too deep. I'll try to keep him low and outside but he's been known to crack helmets once in awhile. If he does hit you, he did it on his own valition".

I wouldn't hit him intentionally, but I most definitely would try to get into his head a little bit.

Nothing wrong w/ a little gamesmanship.

No need to plunk him, it was just a runner determined to score against a catcher determined to stop him. Good, hard baseball.

Like I said, I don't think he did anything wrong. It is a part of the game. But so is getting hit and that's a part of the game I'd initiate him into.

Shouldn't we be rewarding Morneau for injuring, or at least attempting to injure, Bako? Whatever gets him off the team!

Seriously though, there wasn't any sort of a dirty play with Morneau's slide so hitting him would be completely out of line.

MLB.com used to have all sorts of great video highlights available for each game, but now it seems they want to make you sign up / pay for them.

Does anybody carry the clips? I want to see the play at the plate again.

While I don't think he did anything outside of the rules, or even dirty, if I was DC I'd put one in his back tonight as soon as I faced him with the bases empty and 2 outs. Gotta protect your catcher. Thoughts from the board?

If DC is his usual wild self then your wish may very well be granted, whether intentional or not.

Archived