A potential storm brewing?

Babypowder

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless they lose anyway in which case it should have been 180 million.
Nats spent a ton of money, they got maybe the 2nd best pitcher in baseball and they came off a solid playoff run last season.

How did that work for them, this season?

They didn't spend enough.

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2015/09/nats-wasted-opportunities-to-seize-division-at-trade-deadline.html

And here I thought I was being ridiculous.

I will say that if I was going to replace Storen it would have been with Kimbrel or Chapman and not Paps.

Not the first time Storen has had a meltdown. The Cardinals playoff series comes to mind. The Nats seem to come up small in a big series. They got rid of Davey Johnson and thought that would change. The media in Washington not a big fan of Williams

The Nationals payroll might not move that much next year. Looks like they might go younger at certain positions and starting pitching. Scherzer's salary is back ended.

Zimmerman,Desmond and Span will come off the books.

And here I thought I was being ridiculous.

I will say that if I was going to replace Storen it would have been with Kimbrel or Chapman and not Paps.

Most of the time you replace the closer it's because the fanbase couldn't handle the pressure moreso than the old closer. Yea, I wouldn't have chosen Papelbon, either, but mainly because I'd never take on a situation where contract dictated playing role.

I had to laugh, saw an article about the Redskins and Alfred Morris drives an older Mazda 626 and nicknamed it, his Bentley.

I would love to see a list of what cars the Orioles (or other players) drive. It would say a ton about the person. For example, when I saw that Matt Riley drove a massive jacked up Ford F350 (or something like that) with an ego-centirc personalized tag I thought "of course he does."

I would love to see a list of what cars the Orioles (or other players) drive. It would say a ton about the person. For example, when I saw that Matt Riley drove a massive jacked up Ford F350 (or something like that) with an ego-centirc personalized tag I thought "of course he does."

A few Orioles in this article.

ADAM JONES

Adam Jones

Adam Jones' first car was an '88 Porsche.

Baltimore Orioles center fielder

First car: '88 Porsche

Favorite car: 2013 Ford F-150 Raptor

Accomplishments: Four time All-Star; Four-time Gold Glove winner

"My first car, my dad gave me: an '88 Porsche with a Volvo engine," Adam Jones said, laughing. "It was pretty cool but it didn't run too well. I didn't get to drive it too much. It was my senior year (of high school) and it didn't work too much. I was trying to fix it but didn't have the money.

"Then when I got drafted I bought a show car, a Navigator from one of the show places," Jones added. "Worst investment I've ever done! Greatest lesson because it was a lemon.

"To me, 18-year-olds coming from where I came from and the money, I was like, 'Oh, man, this is a cool car.' My financial advisor at the time told me to buy a new one and do everything to it."

But Jones didn't listen.

"About three months later I bought an Escalade truck," he said. "It was really mad."

So that must be his favorite, right?

"No, I've got some cool cars now," Jones said. "I think my favorite car is my Raptor. It's matte black, like military. It's just stealth. It's like jet, too. Man, just a fun truck in Maryland. Great truck for Maryland."

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2015/04/boston_red_sox_and_major_leagu_1.html

While he was at Bowie, I saw him driving up MD301 after a game. Don't remember the make/model (not an F350), but the license plate read "24KARM"

A few Orioles in this article.

ADAM JONES

Adam Jones

Adam Jones' first car was an '88 Porsche.

Baltimore Orioles center fielder

First car: '88 Porsche

Favorite car: 2013 Ford F-150 Raptor

Accomplishments: Four time All-Star; Four-time Gold Glove winner

"My first car, my dad gave me: an '88 Porsche with a Volvo engine," Adam Jones said, laughing. "It was pretty cool but it didn't run too well. I didn't get to drive it too much. It was my senior year (of high school) and it didn't work too much. I was trying to fix it but didn't have the money.

"Then when I got drafted I bought a show car, a Navigator from one of the show places," Jones added. "Worst investment I've ever done! Greatest lesson because it was a lemon.

"To me, 18-year-olds coming from where I came from and the money, I was like, 'Oh, man, this is a cool car.' My financial advisor at the time told me to buy a new one and do everything to it."

But Jones didn't listen.

"About three months later I bought an Escalade truck," he said. "It was really mad."

So that must be his favorite, right?

"No, I've got some cool cars now," Jones said. "I think my favorite car is my Raptor. It's matte black, like military. It's just stealth. It's like jet, too. Man, just a fun truck in Maryland. Great truck for Maryland."

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2015/04/boston_red_sox_and_major_leagu_1.html

Hmmm... I guess that sounds about right for Adam. I'm just waiting for the guy who uses his massive paycheck to buy truly interesting and/or bizarre cars. Like daily driving a Citroen 2CV, with a Lancia Stratos in the garage alongside a Morgan Three-Wheeler and a resto-modded Trabant. I know, that's a lot to ask.

While he was at Bowie, I saw him driving up MD301 after a game. Don't remember the make/model (not an F350), but the license plate read "24KARM"

Yes! I knew someone would remember. 24KARM on a monster truck, with bleached, spikey hair and unbelievably huge diamond earrings. Speaking in the third person - literally, in person, I heard him refer to himself as Matt. That was Matt Riley.

I've seen that truck. In person.

Archived