Hardy/Machado/Schoop

MarCakes21

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am so tired of people claiming that Schoop can't play 3B based on 17 games or so at the position. Unfortunately, Hardy is going to be here for the next two years. He becomes a 10 and 5 man after the season and can't be traded without his consent. It's unlikely the O's would look to trade him anyway. We have to hope for a return to health and some semblance of offense from him over the next two years.

You do have to admit, that it was a very lack of stellar attempt for sure.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread. Does Machado get to 20/20. He's 3 SB's shy right now. There's not the many players in baseball doing that this year. When was the last Oriole to go 20/20?

Only Goldshcmidt and Braun have got their this year. Upton is a SB shy. That's it. My guess without looking up the last oriole would be Brady.

It's startling. Remember Trout had 49 steals in his first full season - to go along with 30 homers. This year he has 10 steal with his 30 plus homers. Going for oodles of steals might not get the stealer injured any more than normal, but it's got to cause wear and tear on the body. I don't want my star player to be warn out when my team is fighting for a playoff spot. And I want my young star to be healthy for many years to come.

Throw my two cents in on this. I don't know if the Orioles should move things around, but I do like the option to do so.

We don't know what 2016 will hold, but if Hardy cannot play SS anymore, it is nice to know realigning the infield is both doable and somewhere between a moderate downgrade and moderate upgrade.

Not many teams can say that about 2b/3b/ss.

It's startling. Remember Trout had 49 steals in his first full season - to go along with 30 homers. This year he has 10 steal with his 30 plus homers. Going for oodles of steals might not get the stealer injured any more than normal, but it's got to cause wear and tear on the body. I don't want my star player to be warn out when my team is fighting for a playoff spot. And I want my young star to be healthy for many years to come.

If I have a valued batter I don't want him stealing unless it is high leverage. Too many finger and wrist injuries for my liking.

If I have a valued batter I don't want him stealing unless it is high leverage. Too many finger and wrist injuries for my liking.

I don't want anyone stealing unless its a gimme. Teams have gotten better, but a few years ago the league was still negative on SB runs - they'd have been better off with zero attempts than what they actually did.

Throw my two cents in on this. I don't know if the Orioles should move things around, but I do like the option to do so.

We don't know what 2016 will hold, but if Hardy cannot play SS anymore, it is nice to know realigning the infield is both doable and somewhere between a moderate downgrade and moderate upgrade.

Not many teams can say that about 2b/3b/ss.

Ben Zobrist is a free agent this off season. Acquiring him would make things even more interesting. What about trading J.J. Acquiring Zobrist to play 2B. Moving Schoop to 3B and Manny to SS? Might be able to get some young pitching for JJ if they eat abit of the contract. Zobrist gets on base and plays descent 2B. Just a thought. They need to change things up a bit.

Ben Zobrist is a free agent this off season. Acquiring him would make things even more interesting. What about trading J.J. Acquiring Zobrist to play 2B. Moving Schoop to 3B and Manny to SS? Might be able to get some young pitching for JJ if they eat abit of the contract. Zobrist gets on base and plays descent 2B. Just a thought. They need to change things up a bit.

I'd love to have a young Zobrist. Toronto had a bunch of young middle infielders coming up when Zobrist was coming up - and he was under the radar even though every minor league season - his OBP was over .400. We could have gotten him for a little more than a ham and cheese sandwich back then.

I really enjoy watching Schoop at 2nd base. No 2nd baseman takes contact like he does - it's almost like players are afraid to slide into him - dude stands there like a brick wall - and his arm is absurd. At this point in his career, I'm not sure I'd want Zoby playing 2B every day.

I'm not ready to give up on Hardy -- not that his contract leaves us with much of a choice. I don't think it's wise to fool around with the IF defense, which is one of the few things on this team that is working well. The most recent SABR rankings have Hardy #2 (to KC's Escober)among AL shortstops. http://sabr.org/sdi/2015-08-16

I think JJ should try to change his approach at the plate to become more of an opposite-field slap hitter. He's hitting far too many fly balls that are easily caught and too many ground balls into the SS hole, where the shifted IF turns them into outs.

You feel that we could get something back?

Archived