No matter the situation, I love beating the Yankees

Frobby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played game (not counting the Wieters dropped pop up in the Yankees' equipment room), for a change. I hope the MFY are second guessing themselves for pitching to Davis. And it's nice to see Joe Girardi, the acclaimed genius at handling his relievers, screw up again.

Not me. I would rather have the Oriole taken the L to have a better shot at getting a top 10 protected draft pick. Remember when the Orioles swept the Yankees at the end of the 2000 season? A fat lot of good it did because the Yankees went on to win the World Series while the Orioles lost out on a shot to draft Mark Teixeira.

Not me. I would rather have the Oriole taken the L to have a better shot at getting a top 10 protected draft pick. Remember when the Orioles swept the Yankees at the end of the 2000 season? A fat lot of good it did because the Yankees went on to win the World Series while the Orioles lost out on a shot to draft Mark Teixeira.

You will never convince me that losing is cool.

You will never convince me that losing is cool.

If the Orioles had a deeper farm system, I would be rooting for the Orioles to finish the season with a winning record. However, that is not the case. They badly need that protected draft pick to help the farm system while still having the ability to sign free agents without giving away compensation. It's the only way the team will improve next year and for the foreseeable future.

I have hated the Yankees for 60 years, but this year the BJ's have surpassed the Yanks. In fact the Red Sox may be number two. The Yanks could move back to number 1 again, but right now because they seemed to have shown some restraint in free spending I can't quite hate them as much.

Losing is bad. The end. Also, if the Orioles had drafted Teixeira they still would have been awful through the 2000s, and we would have had Mussina Part Deaux when he left to sign with his boyhood darlings the Yanks.

If the Orioles had a deeper farm system, I would be rooting for the Orioles to finish the season with a winning record. However, that is not the case. They badly need that protected draft pick to help the farm system while still having the ability to sign free agents without giving away compensation. It's the only way the team will improve next year and for the foreseeable future.

Whenever someone says "It's the only way" you know it's an exaggeration. Okay maybe if you're talking routes into Mordor for an unaccompanied group of hobbits. Otherwise, there are almost always other ways.

Losing is bad. The end. Also, if the Orioles had drafted Teixeira they still would have been awful through the 2000s, and we would have had Mussina Part Deaux when he left to sign with his boyhood darlings the Yanks.

It's a disease!

[video=youtube_share;WN-aCYVVtyo]

Always good beating the Yankees and their $200m+ payroll, hypocritical fanbase (booing ARod, now loving him)...and really just beating a team full of mercenaries with absolutely no personality or character. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Remember when the O's fanbase was torn about rooting for Albert Belle? That's half the Yanks roster every year, and they got over that moral dilemma about 45 seconds after free agency became a thing.

I have hated the Yankees for 60 years, but this year the BJ's have surpassed the Yanks. In fact the Red Sox may be number two. The Yanks could move back to number 1 again, but right now because they seemed to have shown some restraint in free spending I can't quite hate them as much.

Haha got you beat by a few years but I tend to agree - in fact I do agree - BJ's numero uno w the Sawx (even worse than the KC Kids). Although I'm not sure I dislike any smug-faced manager more than Girardi....:cussing:

I honestly don't have a feeling one way or the other regarding the Yankees this year. To me there's about 1,000 more compelling reasons to dislike the Jays than the Yankees, and it's been that way for about 3 years now.

Assuming the Yankees and Jays reach the playoffs, and play each other, I'm absolutely rooting for the Yankees.

Ugh, I abstain.

Archived