Buck Accuses Sabathia of Throwing at Davis?

brianod

Could be a little clever misdirection by Buck there as not to set off a maelstrom of words between two rival clubhouses. He has never seemed like a man who chooses his words without some level of thought. He brings attention to it, but deflected with two words and yet people still have it in their minds.

Like Perry Mason who gets the witness to say something.

Judge tells the reporter to strike the remarks and for the jury to forgot what was said.

Sure, yeah, really, they just wipe it out of their memory banks. NOT.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks-- I was just about to post this. (Source: http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/09/wrapping-up-a-5-3-win.html)

Seems pretty clear that Buck was specifically not accusing Sabathia of throwing at Davis intentionally. So the entire premise of this thread is wrong.

I'm am going off the post game interview with Gary Thorne which I watched live. He definitely accused him of throwing at Davis.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2545056

I'm am going off the post game interview with Gary Thorne which I watched live. He definitely accused him of throwing at Davis.

http://www.masnsports.com/media.php?show_id=2545056

OK, I transcribed Buck's quote from the video:

"Chris made them pay for the two pitches they threw at him. I wasn't too happy about that. We've seen it before with Markakis. But those are part of the challenges you face up here."

That's a little bit stronger than his words in the Roch article, but it doesn't exactly contradict anything he said in the Roch article, either. He acknowledges that the Yankees were pitching inside on Davis, and that he wasn't happy Davis was hit. But I don't think that necessarily means he thought they plunked him intentionally.

Like Perry Mason who gets the witness to say something.

Judge tells the reporter to strike the remarks and for the jury to forgot what was said.

Sure, yeah, really, they just wipe it out of their memory banks. NOT.

Because he isn't that smart? Yeah, ok. Why even bring it up? I could be totally off base (pardon the pun) but why the reference to Nick? He got his point across and it was diplomatic.

Because he isn't that smart? Yeah, ok. Why even bring it up? I could be totally off base (pardon the pun) but why the reference to Nick? He got his point across and it was diplomatic.

Point one. Davis got hit, and Buck wasn't happy. Check.

Point two. Buck remembers Nick and 2012 and it was the Yanks and is still not happy. Check.

Everything else that is said and reference is all subject to opinions and thoughts

Chris made them pay for the two pitches they threw at him. I wasn't too happy about that. We've seen it before with Markakis. But those are part of the challenges you face up here."

That's a little bit stronger than his words in the Roch article, but it doesn't exactly contradict anything he said in the Roch article, either. He acknowledges that the Yankees were pitching inside on Davis, and that he wasn't happy Davis was hit. But I don't think that necessarily means he thought they plunked him intentionally.

Eh, he said "not intentionally" in the interview with Roch and then with Thorne said they threw at him. That is a contradiction. I don't know what the timeline was for the two but maybe he thought better of his comments in the interview with Roch if it was after and added the "not intentionally".

He said Sabathia threw two pitches AT Davis. He did not say he threw two pitches inside. How much clearer could it be? He back tracked in the Roch article but I suspect his true feeling were the post game interview.

Eh, he said "not intentionally" in the interview with Roch and then with Thorne said they threw at him. That is a contradiction. I don't know what the timeline was for the two but maybe he thought better of his comments in the interview with Roch if it was after and added the "not intentionally".

I love it. Sounds to me like Buck is trying to draw the league's attention to the Yankees but also give himself some cover if, say, Garcia was to miss a spot and throw one at Texeira's nose by "mistake."

I love it. Sounds to me like Buck is trying to draw the league's attention to the Yankees but also give himself some cover if, say, Garcia was to miss a spot and throw one at Texeira's nose by "mistake."

Buck has said multiple times, he does not agree with pay back pitches, he dislikes them.

He said players can get hurt and do get hurt.

He said Sabathia threw two pitches AT Davis. He did not say he threw two pitches inside. How much clearer could it be? He back tracked in the Roch article but I suspect his true feeling were the post game interview.

Eh, I don't see it that way. I think he just used a vague choice of words in his interview with Thorne, then clarified his thoughts once he met with Roch and the other reporters.

Archived