FanFest December 12

eddie83

They usually give out free tickets to the season ticket holders. I wonder if this is a scheme to get season ticket holders to put down a deposit real early in case they lose many popular players

My thoughts exactly. I see this as a means to get existing season ticket holders to re-up perhaps before we know how the FA period has shaken out. And as others have noted, this is a bad time of year to be holding FanFest. I like it the weekend between the NFL conference championship games and the Super Bowl, when football is basically over and it's time for baseball to get going.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a note: Dec. 13 is a scheduled home game for the Ravens. Many fans will be more focused on football, especially if the Ravens are in a playoff run. This could very well affect the attendance at Orioles Fanfest.

With the Ravens start people might be ready for baseball by Thanksgiving....... Hope it isn't the case. I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday who was planning on going with his kids and now can't due to a holiday event that day.

Much earlier than normal! I'm not usually one of the conspiracy theorists... Why so early? Most years we haven't signed a single FA. It's likely that any of our potential FAs won't be signed (away) yet either. None of their "replacements" won't be signed here yet either.

This is win-win for DD. No complaints either for who we lost or the trash he might bring in.

Besides, on Dec. 12th, the beginning of the height of the FA season, just after the winter meetings couldn't Dan's time be MUCH better spent than wasting a whole day at Fanfest? I smell shenanigans.

I think you've nailed it. Any questions on extensions for current players or new signings of FA's can be simply answered with a, "We're working on it." Brilliant plan.

I think its funny that they are saying there's a conflict with entire month of January and February.... LOL's

Lets see... 2014 there was a bridal show going on the same time as FanFest, How did that work out???

This is just the Orioles playing lame duck and not having this in January to avoid the obvious that is about to happen to this team

I think its funny that they are saying there's a conflict with entire month of January and February.... LOL's

Lets see... 2014 there was a bridal show going on the same time as FanFest, How did that work out???

This is just the Orioles playing lame duck and not having this in January to avoid the obvious that is about to happen to this team

When did the Orioles comment?

Ok, I just listed the events. It would have made sense on the 3 days I mentioned. I don't know if the lacrosse convention is new or not?

It wouldn't be a large enough event to move Fan Fest. There are several other events that have been going on during the same time as Fan Fest in years past.

ex. National Cheer and Dance and Baltimore Bridal Expo.

It wouldn't be a large enough event to move Fan Fest. There are several other events that have been going on during the same time as Fan Fest in years past.

ex. National Cheer and Dance and Baltimore Bridal Expo.

Home Building and Remodeling Show same time as Lax. Jan 22-24

Boat show and Bridal weekend of Jan 30-31

Motor Trend Auto Show Super Bowl weekend. I don't know how far in advance they book these dates and if these are yearly conventions they usually have or not.

Home Building and Remodeling Show same time as Lax. Jan 22-24

Boat show and Bridal weekend of Jan 30-31

Motor Trend Auto Show Super Bowl weekend. I don't know how far in advance they book these dates and if these are yearly conventions they usually have or not.

Most of those events- Bridal, Boat, and Auto shows are around the same time each year.

At least Fan Fest is after the Winter Meetings. :drek:

Archived