FanFest December 12

eddie83

So any Chris Davis sightings yet?

Upton?

Cespedes?

Uh....Pearce?

I

:o

Dan said that Davis is going to be tough but they are trying. He also said the money they have offered him would be available to be spent on others over the next 8 years. Not all on one player. And probably not all this year.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan said that Davis is going to be tough but they are trying. He also said the money they have offered him would be available to be spent on others over the next 8 years. Not all on one player. And probably not all this year.

Translation: Davis unlikely, and Upton definitely not.

Sorry for being negative here, but that translates to more of the same FA spending habits of the last several years. DD better find some gems this off season, because he sure won't be buying any.

That would seem to remove Upton as a possibility.

Dan did not sound like Pearce was being heavily desired. By the Orioles. Buck said that if Manny were here they could have talked with him about an extension. But he's not.

This is the most disheartening comment I have seen DD make all off-season.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fan asks "what's the status on Davis?" Buck says "there's a donation bucket over there." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fan asks about Justin Upton. "That's another bucket right there," Buck says. "We have bucket 1 and bucket 2." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fan asks "what's the status on Davis?" Buck says "there's a donation bucket over there." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fan asks about Justin Upton. "That's another bucket right there," Buck says. "We have bucket 1 and bucket 2." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Ridiculous...2014 all over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan did not sound like Peace was being heavily desired. By the Orioles. Buck said that if Manny were here they come led have talked with him about an extension. But he's not.

If only there was some kind of technology to allow two parties to communicate over long distances.

If only there was some kind of technology to allow two parties to communicate over long distances.

Actually, I get what Buck is saying. If Buck and Manny are together, in person, in the same room, they can have a conversation. A telephone call about contract negotiations directly to the player, though, rather than the agent, is something that isn't done.

Archived