Orioles / Pope

SteveA

The Pope is in DC Tuesday and Wednesday.

What is affected in terms of traffic, closures, etc., that O's fans planning on making the trip for either game might need to be aware of.

I'm going Wednesday so that specifically concerns me, but I figured I would ask about both days so if anyone knows what is up for either night they could fill us in.

I usually drive to weeknight games down there because the Greenbelt Metro charges you to park on weeknights so the $10 I can pay to park not too far from the stadium is more cost effective, and driving is generally quicker than the Metro. But I'm thinking Metro might be the way to go Wednesday.

Opinions?

Facts?

Speculation?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Metro parking might be tight Some stations stops are not supposed to have all the entrances open.Good lick.Had enough in DC today.

Wow, that Greenbelt lot is huge. I've never seen it completely full. If it is... I turn around and go home and watch the game on TV.

Thanks....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Wow, that Greenbelt lot is huge. I've never seen it completely full. If it is... I turn around and go home and watch the game on TV.

Thanks....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I parked in the Greebelt Metro lot for tonight' game. Was crowded but got a spot in 3C. Heard most hotels are full 8n the area and many people will take Metro.But I heard if the regulars stay home maybe not that bad.

I live right across the river in Arlington. Talking to a friend yesterday who is a government contractor, he said anyone traveling anywhere on their daily commute should plan on tacking on an extra hour at LEAST.

It's going to be a nightmare to get around here. I suggest leaving 2 hours earlier than you normally would.

In addition, crowds from the Mass using the Metro system will overlap with those attending the Nationals-Orioles baseball game at Nationals Park and an Ed Sheeran concert at Verizon Center. Those travelers are encouraged to avoid the east side of the Red Line, and if possible avoid Metrorail transfers and use the Green Line.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting/how-to-get-around-during-pope-franciss-visit/2015/09/17/2390d1ae-5c79-11e5-9757-e49273f05f65_story.html

Archived