Why Is Jason Garcia Being PidgeonHolded For the Bullpen?

JayThomas

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Garcia goes 3 innings in AFL start. 1 run, 1 hit, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts, WP. 47 pitches, 28 strikes. Retired last 6 in row. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Garcia goes 3 innings in AFL start. 1 run, 1 hit, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts, WP. 47 pitches, 28 strikes. Retired last 6 in row. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">November 9, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So much for the Orioles not looking or considering him as a starter huh?

In my opinion the only thing that will limit Garcia is his own ability. I tend to think he is a guy who will make a pretty good reliever but mediocre at best starter. I would however give him the chance to prove that thinking wrong as it appears the Orioles are. Nothing to lose doing so.

In my opinion the only thing that will limit Garcia is his own ability. I tend to think he is a guy who will make a pretty good reliever but mediocre at best starter. I would however give him the chance to prove that thinking wrong as it appears the Orioles are. Nothing to lose doing so.

I was happy to see the lemonade made.

When your AFL "start" goes three innings, is it "looking at him as a starter" or is it "duck, duck, duck, duck... goose... you get to start, the guy to your left gets innings 4-6, and Jim over there gets 7-9"?

Archived