Baseball America top 10 Orioles prospects

xian4

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minor error in his write-up having nothing to do with prospects. He says the Orioles lost most of their six free agents. They haven't lost any of them yet, as far as I know. They have O'Day and Wieters on board; and Davis, Chen, Pearce, and Parra all remain unsigned.

Minor error in his write-up having nothing to do with prospects. He says the Orioles lost most of their six free agents. They haven't lost any of them yet, as far as I know. They have O'Day and Wieters on board; and Davis, Chen, Pearce, and Parra all remain unsigned.

He also thought/thinks that Mancini was a Senior Sign. Otherwise, it seems factually correct.

"Baltimore had six key free agents and if it lost most of them."

You missed a word in the sentence.

I

thought Steve was a member of the BA staff and wrote from there, too?

Hey stranger-Happy Holidays to you and the fam. Glad your Skins won yesterday, big win. The Eagles had a HUGE win yesterday, they seem to be the favorites looking at the records and matchups, but we will see. Good luck. My Broncos lost a heartbreaker, too many drops. Painful to watch.

To the topic at hand, I would have David Hess on this list instead of Wright, but this is a good list, hold to argue with it. Thanks for posting.

[/center][/center]

Hey stranger-Happy Holidays to you and the fam. Glad your Skins won yesterday, big win. The Eagles had a HUGE win yesterday, they seem to be the favorites looking at the records and matchups, but we will see. Good luck. My Broncos lost a heartbreaker, too many drops. Painful to watch.

To the topic at hand, I would have David Hess on this list instead of Wright, but this is a good list, hold to argue with it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks and right back at you.

Looks like the Panthers will have a good shot at the Lombardi trophy.

Back to topic.

Not a bad list, but, like everything, its open to interpretations. :)

Why is Tyler Wilson not on this list? I think he will be a good pitcher for the Orioles. I think he will be better than Mike Wright that's for sure.
Based on what I saw last year' date=' I also think Wilson deserves to be ahead of Wright.[/quote']

Wilson has always been underrated. Prospect status is about 80% ceiling/potential and 20% actual performance. Doesn't have tremendous stuff, 10th round draft pick...but he has performed at every level. I would like to see what we have in him (as well as Gunkel, Miranda, Lee, etc.) but the rotation is crowded with #3/#4 guys. I would be interested to see us bring in Kazmir or Chen (if not Cueto), then trade Tillman or Miguel and open a spot for Wilson and some of these others. At some point we need some of these guys to hold down the 4/5 spots at $500K so that we can get some real talent at the 1/2 spots.

Wilson has always been underrated. Prospect status is about 80% ceiling/potential and 20% actual performance. Doesn't have tremendous stuff, 10th round draft pick...but he has performed at every level. I would like to see what we have in him (as well as Gunkel, Miranda, Lee, etc.) but the rotation is crowded with #3/#4 guys. I would be interested to see us bring in Kazmir or Chen (if not Cueto), then trade Tillman or Miguel and open a spot for Wilson and some of these others. At some point we need some of these guys to hold down the 4/5 spots at $500K so that we can get some real talent at the 1/2 spots.

Problem is - other than what you've already pointed out are problems with Wilson - is he's now a 26 year old who's always been a bit over-aged at each level. To me, the fact that he's considered an option as 5th starter shows how uncrowded it is. Most teams would consider a guy like him for their rotation. I think Wright has a better chance long-term, but as a reliever - because he has an out pitch with his fastball.

Archived