April 10, Game 1, at Texas

NCRaven

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Before Elias.  They generally haven’t missed on a 1st round or 1st round comp pick with the position players.   I trust they’ll make a good decision at #22 and #32.   Their track record in rounds 2-4, particularly on college position players and specifically the last three drafts is suspect.   
    • Anyone want to guess what it would take to get Crochet from the White Sox?  We could send SG over to ask politely and remind them of what they missed out on Ortiz.  I'm sure that wouldn't stir up a hornet's nest.
    • SS?   When we drafted him last year he sounded like a 3B or COF.   Well, at least it sounds like we evaluated him well.
    • He's hitting a lot of loud outs and he's taking some borderline pitches for called strike 3 that he probably should be hacking at.  He doesn't really seem to be getting a ton of help from the umps with his plate discipline though.
    • Maybe Hall would be better off if we had done that.  He sure seemed to make a lot more progress as a reliever than he did the last 2-3 years in the minors.   I’m all for seeing what McDermott can do in the bullpen.   Still doesn’t mean I wouldn’t be interested in adding Brecht as well.   That’s not saying he’d even be ready to contribute this year but maybe. I think Sale, Crochet, and others prove that you can fast track as a reliever and still go back to starting.   Anyway, I think I’ll just leave it at agree to disagree.  I’m looking for elite talent at #22 even if the guy profiles as a reliever.   I’ll take that over a Billy Amick type.
    • Everything about Adley's throwing has taken a hit this year.  His pop time used to be top tier and he's degraded to around league average.  That's on top of his propensity to throw the ball to Narnia.   Some of the throwing issues I'd excuse because no one is throwing runners out at a good clip anymore (the base size and pickoff rules really made meaningful changes there) but he's not really a plus guy with the run game anymore.  He's still elite at blocking the plate and framing so that's good.   Wieters had a pretty steep drop-off through his mid-20s defensively as well.  It's hard to be Ivan Rodriguez and be an elite thrower from the backstop for like 15 years straight. 
  • Popular Contributors