Feb 8, 2008 - A date that will go down in Oriole's History!

Redskins Rick

[TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 400] In a long and drawn-out 5-for-1 deal, the Mariners finally land Erik Bedard (13-5, 3.16) from the Orioles. In exchange for their Opening Day pitcher last season, Baltimore receives center fielder Adam Jones, veteran southpaw reliever George Sherrill, and pitching prospects Chris Tillman, Tony Butler and Kam Mickolio from the Emerald City. [/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Best trade ever, I know the Frobby trade was pretty darn good, but, in my mind, this trade was priceless.

When the trade was finally announced, I was somehow the first to post about it. I think I titled the thread "At last..." or something before it was changed for the sake of clarity.

What a day that was. I remember thinking Tony Butler would be the big steal for us.

When the trade was finally announced, I was somehow the first to post about it. I think I titled the thread "At last..." or something before it was changed for the sake of clarity.

What a day that was. I remember thinking Tony Butler would be the big steal for us.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/58950-Rosenthal-Reporting-Bedard-Deal-is-Official?p=1206213#post1206213

Archived