Wisconsin vs MD

O-The-Memories

God awful performance in the first half by the Terps. Turnovers, missed shots, and a lack of intensity. If we don't get this down to six or so before half, I think we are cooked. This would be our worst loss of the season, and drop our seeding in the tourney to a 4/5. A lack of quality wins hurts us, and I would like to see us really step it up. We are currently down by 14, horrible.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Bingo.  The Orioles signed Kimbrel in December. The Orioles traded for Burnes at the beginning of February (supposedly before Bradish's injury). The Orioles sale to Rubenstein wasn't approved until the end of March. I don't buy into any notion that Rubenstein was running this club and making player personnel decisions prior to approval (and process didn't even start until 1/31!).  My gut is Angelos told Elias his payroll was X and Elias was able to stay within those numbers. That number isn't going to change unless Rubenstein infuses extra capital into the payroll of the team, and owners rarely do that, or changing margin expectations (possible). And it certainly wasn't going to change until *after* the sale was approved.
    • To be honest, a good bit of their post season failure has been due to Kershaw continuing time and time again to come up small in the big moments. In his illustrious career he has had what 4 good postseasons (one being 2020)? The rest have been bad to down right didn't even give the team a fighting chance. Last season's 162.00 ERA or 1 out for 6 ERs really is symbolic (especially if it was his last one ever). I can't think of a single great player who has come up small in big moments so often.
    • When that is the case, Westburg will have priority play still.  Mayo and Holliday share the reps to fill out the 2B/3B PAs (and DH and possibly 1B and OF too).
    • It would be insane, honestly. We have so many guys who know the zone at an incredible level. If they had a challenge system, I have no doubt in my mind we would lead the league in overturned strike challenges. 
    • Not just ours, but everyone's, really. I found it interesting that @Tony-OHsaid that he thinks they could be introduced at the MLB next season.  I'd love to know why he thinks/feels that way...I'd be stoked if that happened.  I have my doubts that it'd be that soon but I'd love to be wrong. In regards to Holliday, it's so tough to predict what kind of hitter he'll be.  I mean, I don't think anyone was considering Gunnar Henderson to be what he is right now.  I can see a scenario where Holliday is every bit the hitter that Gunnar is, I can also see a scenario where he's a guy that's somewhere between a .750 and .825 OPS yearly.  
    • Speaking of Holiday , I’m coming around to the idea that they should him continue work on 2B and devote more time to CF . I can picture Holiday being adaptable to CF . His size seems fit protype CF .   I don’t know what will happen with Mullins and Bradfield still bit away. Our infield getting too crowded 
    • Mayo may very well be our 28th man come September and be a shoe in for the postseason roster.  His role will be DH versus LH SP while Adley catches.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now