Naming rights.

weams

Folks might like OPACY, but when other teams are subsidizing their talent with $5M-$20 in annual naming rights, I am not eager to see the Os fall behind in this arms race.

Our owner and his business minions need to do everything possible to drive revenue to afford a better team, IMO. Naming rights is really low hanging fruit - revenue with relatively little in corresponding costs.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Folks might like OPACY, but when other teams are subsidizing their talent with $5M-$20 in annual naming rights, I am not eager to see the Os fall behind in this arms race.

Our owner and his business minions need to do everything possible to drive revenue to afford a better team, IMO. Naming rights is really low hanging fruit - revenue with relatively little in corresponding costs.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3191639

3.625 It appears. Brian Matusz.

The first beltway series game I ever went to at nats park' date=' there were these 2 fans who upon leaving the ticket booth cursing "F the O's! I hate those mfers! Fing no good O's this O's that" next thing you see is one of the nats fans slipper get caught in a crack of the sidewalk and he immediately fell to ground and broke his nose.

Don't curse at the O's.

I've been to around 5-6 O's games in DC and the O's have won every one of them. There was the inside the park HR game where Tony Plush couldn't find the baseball, there was also the game where a ton of nats fans left around the 8th inning in a tie game where the O's would end up clobbering 3 home runs 11th inning, also the Machado home run against Scherzer, lot of good memories when I think about it, can't wait for baseball again.[/quote']

They have to be the only fan base that will leave in the 8th inning of a tied game, or the 8th inning of a playoff game.

Stadium Name:

Petco Park (2004)

Deal:

$60 million over 22 years. $2.7 million avg. per year, expires in 2026. [8]

Sponsor:

PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.

Profile:

PETCO, the nation's #2 pet supply specialty retailer behind PETsMART, operates about 630 stores in more than 40 states. [5]

-----

San Francisco Giants

Stadium Name:

Pacific Bell Park (2000)

Deal:

$50 million over 24 years. $2.1 million avg. per year

Archived