Trade Rickard and some prospects for a starting pitcher?

calmunderfire

It's become pretty apparent that we're in trouble when it comes to pitching. Nothing disasterous has happened, we're leading the division and such. But it's good to be proactive. Tillman has been inconsistent throughout his career. Jimenez is declining. Gallardo has lost his stuff. Chen is gone. Gonzalez blows now and is released. Gausman is still a prospect. Worley and Norris look like #5 starters. The bullpen and especially our key guys are getting overused.

Something has to be done before it turns sour. I'm in support of putting in Rickard, Harvey and maybe an early round pick for a quality mid rotation starter somewhere. Because we need it bad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's become pretty apparent that we're in trouble when it comes to pitching. Nothing disasterous has happened, we're leading the division and such. But it's good to be proactive. Tillman has been inconsistent throughout his career. Jimenez is declining. Gallardo has lost his stuff. Chen is gone. Gonzalez blows now and is released. Gausman is still a prospect. Worley and Norris look like #5 starters. The bullpen and especially our key guys are getting overused.

Something has to be done before it turns sour. I'm in support of putting in Rickard, Harvey and maybe an early round pick for a quality mid rotation starter somewhere. Because we need it bad.

You do understand that a Rule 5 pick, an injured prospect, and the rule that you can't trade draft picks makes your suggestion implausible?

So you're saying that you just put all the Orioles' assets in a hat and pulled out three?

I'm in favor of doing something to fix the problem. And since we like to spend FA money on declining pitchers and can't develop them either, look for another way to acquire them. Try trades because we F up every other way.

Without Rickard the outfield is really week defensively. The only other guy besides Jones who isn't a liability is Reimold.

We've finally found a lead off hitter and you'd like to trade him away.

Rickard doesn't even look that good to me in the field. Just because you have speed doesn't mean you know what you're doing out there. We'll have to see if he can look better in LF because he doesn't look very good in Center.

Rickard doesn't even look that good to me in the field. Just because you have speed doesn't mean you know what you're doing out there. We'll have to see if he can look better in LF because he doesn't look very good in Center.

So you want to use someone as a trade chip and then in the next post say he isn't very good?

So you want to use someone as a trade chip and then in the next post say he isn't very good?

Maybe they don't know he's not very good in the field yet? He's had 11 games in majors. Now is the best time to sell high for Rickard. He's not going to play much defense. He's not going to hit for much power. He's not going to be a high OBP guy. Sell high. Sell now.

Maybe they don't know he's not very good in the field yet? He's had 11 games in majors. Now is the best time to sell high for Rickard. He's not going to play much defense. He's not going to hit for much power. He's not going to be a high OBP guy. Sell high. Sell now.

No team is buying high after 11 Games.

Archived