PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

9 hours ago, allquixotic said:

Why would a guy like that -- who isn't really good, and isn't playing meaningful baseball for a team that matters -- bother with PEDs? I mean, I could see it for a contender. Maybe I could even see it for Wellington last year with the O's, since we had our chances to sniff the playoffs until late in the season.

Just seems odd to me that someone that irrelevant in the MLB would use, while, you know, Mookie Betts is still out there playing and hasn't yet been caught. Is it just that the rest are really good at avoiding detection, or do only bad players waste their time with PEDs?

Sigh.

Welington Castillo's baseball career is irrelevant to YOU.

To Welington Castillo, Welington Castillo's baseball career is the absolute most important baseball career in baseball history.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

His catcher ERA was one of the worst in the majors, that’s why he wasn’t brought back.

We had Sisco ready for the majors and it was time to give him a shot. If that hadn’t been the case, they might have shown more interest in bringing Castillo back.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LocoChris said:

Players that aren't that good are the ones  you'd expect would take it to try and make themselves better. Maybe he's hoping he'll get traded to a contender. It's the ones like Cano that baffle me, the ones who don't need it.

We have no idea what kind of player Cano is without PED's. Look at Barry Bonds. Or Chris Davis.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

Someone needs to sneak some ped’s into Davis drink.   That way we are not paying him to watch ball go right across the plate.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish this was Chris Davis getting caught again. It does however make you think this might have been part of the reason the Orioles showed no interest in resigning him.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish this was Chris Davis getting caught again. It does however make you think this might have been part of the reason the Orioles showed no interest in resigning him.

Chris would be a third time loser.