Roch: Matusz Traded (along with draft pick)

Can_of_corn

Orioles trade Brian Matusz and the 76th overall pick to the Braves for minor league RHP Brandon Barker & LHP Trevor Belicek.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Braves acquired Brian Matusz and the 76th pick in this year's Draft from the O's for Brandon Barker and Trevor Belicek</p>— Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="

">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I called it a week ago.

I am beyond furious.

Can I at least get huge amounts of rep from everyone?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Braves acquired Brian Matusz and the 76th pick in this year's Draft from the O's for Brandon Barker and Trevor Belicek</p>? Mark Bowman (@mlbbowman) <a href="
">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I called it a week ago.

I am beyond furious.

Why do you want rep? Because the Braves released Matusz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move by the Braves.

Have no idea who the other players are but I expect they are just cover since you can't actually sell the draft picks.

At least he got more than 2.5M this time.

So that makes three draft picks Dan gave up for this next draft.

No big deal the Angels farm system is still worse, who needs picks?

Why do you want rep? Because the Braves released Matusz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, because Dan sold another draft pick.

I predicted Dan would sell the pick to the Braves as soon as I found out the Braves were in the market for them.

Ugh. Why does DD keep trading future assets to make up for bad decisions? I hate this trend as well.

Trying to see a sliver lining. Will not having the 76th pick allow us to go over slot in the draft?

No. It just gives the Orioles two good young guys and takes 4 million away and opens up an option able slot in the Orioles bullpen.

Ugh. Why does DD keep trading future assets to make up for bad decisions? I hate this trend as well.

Trying to see a sliver lining. Will not having the 76th pick allow us to go over slot in the draft?

No, they also lose the associated pool money. So this gives them less financial flexibility.

I think it is very clear that Dan doesn't care what state the organization is in when his contract is up.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" data-tweet-id="734902400918663168" title="Twitter Tweet" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 181.171875px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I called it a week ago.

I am beyond furious.

You called it and I'm not surprised. You don't get credit for calling them on their stupidity. You already get enough rep from me. Alright, I would but apparently I have to give some to others who don't have our sense of despair over the issue. I guess Dan doesn't see the value.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Archived