Seriously, we can't plate one run in 5 innings against 5 mostly mediocre relievers?

FanSince88

This has been the Orioles approach for years now. They hit homers. It seems to work for the Orioles.

Yes AND No. They've been "mildly" successful with that approach. They have made the playoffs numerous times. But have they won in the playoffs? And what I mean is, have they won it all or even gotten to a WS? It looks good at times, but that free swinging crap usually doesn't work in the post season where you're facing better pitching.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's can't handle the pressure that the Red Sox are pushing. Even last year they stopped hitting when they felt pressure for the wild card.

Everyone blames the O's pitching, but the hitting is the O's problem. The O's pitching has kept the team in the game all year.

I'm done with Pedro Alvarez, Give Kim his ABs.

That is all.

If late in a tight game and I needed a base runner I would agree but if I needed a home run (say two outs and nobody on) I would have to vote for Pedro!

• 5 weeks later...

Talk about a feast or famine offense! With the exception of Harris, the Houston relievers we've seen tonight are scrubs. This is ridiculous. I get having struggles against a bad starter having a hot night. But you can't four different bad relievers? Come on.

Even good offensive teams have bad games against bad and/or mediocre pitchers over the course of a 162-game season.

Even good offensive teams have bad games against bad and/or mediocre pitchers over the course of a 162-game season.

Are you just so bored that today that you resurrect every stale thread I've ever started that you disagree with to rub it in my face? Wow, that's pretty lame, please find another hobby.

They're your threads, your words. And they all have a distinct pattern.

Sir, if you have a problem with me or want me off of this board, then why don't you send me a private message or something? I can't recall ever singling you out. I know you've been around here for longer than I have, and in all seriousness I'm sure you are a bigger contributor to this place than I am.

I don't want to fight with you. I'm dismayed that you seem to have developed a personal animus against me all of a sudden. If you want me to leave, I'll leave. You've been here longer, and like I said I know you're a more frequent poster than I and a PLUS member and all that. I just don't see a need to make this a public feud.

Sir, if you have a problem with me or want me off of this board, then why don't you send me a private message or something? I can't recall ever singling you out. I know you've been around here for longer than I have, and in all seriousness I'm sure you are a bigger contributor to this place than I am.

I don't want to fight with you. I'm dismayed that you seem to have developed a personal animus against me all of a sudden. If you want me to leave, I'll leave. You've been here longer, and like I said I know you're a more frequent poster than I and a PLUS member and all that. I just don't see a need to make this a public feud.

I don't want you off of these boards (not that I have the authority to do that in the first place.)

Perhaps I was overzealous in my confrontation of the theme of your threads, and for that I apologize.

Archived