A lot of our MiL catchers are hitting well

Frobby

Which lends credence as to why they passed on a catcher (Taylor Ward), albeit a great prospect in last year's 1st round yet taking Stewart hasn't exactly redeemed our front office to this point. Any word on Ward in the minors? Maybe I don't want to know.

558 OPS in the Cal league.

Which lends credence as to why they passed on a catcher (Taylor Ward), albeit a great prospect in last year's 1st round yet taking Stewart hasn't exactly redeemed our front office to this point. Any word on Ward in the minors? Maybe I don't want to know.

DD said, you take the best player, regardless of position.

DD said, you take the best player, regardless of position.

Do you believe him?

Personally I think Dan instructed his guys to prioritize college pitchers in the first few rounds this year.

I do think that ideally you do that, but without the benefit of hindsight would you have selected Posey with what Wieters was doing in the minors?

He was ranked 70th out of 100 by Baseball America.

Do you believe him?

Personally I think Dan instructed his guys to prioritize college pitchers in the first few rounds this year.

I do think that ideally you do that, but without the benefit of hindsight would you have selected Posey with what Wieters was doing in the minors?

2008 was before DD arrived here?

Of course, you probably should put some emphasis some on pitching, it takes up, almost half of the 25 man roster and more pitchers fail, then succeed.

2008 was before DD arrived here?

Of course, you probably should put some emphasis some on pitching, it takes up, almost half of the 25 man roster and more pitchers fail, then succeed.

Yep, I was just talking about taking the BPA. If you have Wieters doing what he was doing that year do you take the BPA even if it is another college Catcher?

As for the second sentence, WTF? You talk about taking the BPA and then immediately agree with the idea of deviating from that strategy?

It is one of the other, you take the BPA or you emphasize pitching. Can't have both.

Orioles C Chance Sisco, Double-A Bowie: 2-for-5, HR, 3B, 2 RBI, 2 R -- It was a big day for the Orioles' No. 3 prospect. Earlier Tuesday, he was named to the U.S. Futures Game roster, and he backed that up by hitting his first homer and triple of the season in Bowie's 13-10 loss at Harrisburg. Although the power has just come on for the 21-year-old backstop, he's done plenty to impress in his second turn at Double-A, hitting .311 with a .401 on-base percentage and an even K/BB ratio (33/33) through 63 games with the Baysox. His skills behind the plate are trending in the right direction as well with a 29 percent caught-stealing rate, up from 25 percent in 2015 and 20 percent in 2014. Though Sisco is not currently ranked among MLB.com's top 10 catching prospects, that should change later this summer with the way the 2013 second-rounder has broken through in his third full season.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160629&content_id=186901112&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

Click on the link and check out the uniform -- are you kidding me?

Yep, I was just talking about taking the BPA. If you have Wieters doing what he was doing that year do you take the BPA even if it is another college Catcher?

As for the second sentence, WTF? You talk about taking the BPA and then immediately agree with the idea of deviating from that strategy?

It is one of the other, you take the BPA or you emphasize pitching. Can't have both.

Horse Hockey.

Why can't you balance the BPA and stock up on arms, when looking at the draft selection, you have the premier group and once you sort through those, then you drop down into the different levels of expected talent?

Archived