Duquette Run Is Over

FSUBobcat7

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could have said it afterwards. When I mean afterwards like the next day not 4 years later. Nothing in that article says much about anything. Other than Arrieta was inconsistent and had good stuff. And did poorly once players got on base. Everyone knew those things. And everyone wanted him gone. I would have driven him to the airport myself.

Please stop using the word everyone. I wanted to keep Jake and said so before and after the trade. If you have an opinion, state it. You don't need the specter of "everyone" behind you to make it valid

You think that if DD could offer opt outs, give FA SP 5 year + and 20 M+ AAV, spend on big ticket International talent, bid on posting for NPB players, go after Cuban defectors, he wouldn't do it because he's too stupid and incompetent? Why do you suppose he can't do any of these things? Why do you suppose he has to make risky trades with prospects and picks? Dumpster dive? Because he likes too? And our payroll wouldn't be this large if PA hadn't been obsessed with signing CD. DD had nothing to do with that.

I question any man that signs Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo with 1st round picks attached to them to 3-4 year deals given their history. Put quite simply. All that other stuff you posted is noise.

The only acceptable answer I'd hear from Dan Duquette is if he came out and said that he's not able to grow the arms because there's too much institutional red tape and poor development practices, so he'd rather trade them while they still have value.

I question any man that signs Ubaldo Jimenez and Yovani Gallardo with 1st round picks attached to them to 3-4 year deals given their history. Put quite simply. All that other stuff you posted is noise.

The only acceptable answer I'd hear from Dan Duquette is if he came out and said that he's not able to grow the arms because there's too much institutional red tape and poor development practices, so he'd rather trade them while they still have value.

Which would make me wonder why didn't trade Bundy and Harvey when their value was high. That way he could have at least acquired talented pitchers in return.

Dan needed the money, he'd overspent his allowance.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to sign Gallardo to a 4 year deal, reduce it to 2 years + team option after some injury concerns and hope that Fowler comes along. And when all that didn't work out and Gallardo still stunk in spring training and still gave Matusz $4m...we had to cut what little starting pitching depth we had to save $5m because of irresponsible roster/team management.

You have a $140m payroll. One that you decided to hold on to a damn LOOGY for $4m instead of keeping what little depth you had as far as SP goes. Then, you have to give up a comp pick to get rid of Matusz to save some dough. Just maddening.

Which would make me wonder why didn't trade Bundy and Harvey when their value was high. That way he could have at least acquired talented pitchers in return.

I have no idea. My only guess is Duquette doesn't think anyone outside of high #1 draft picks are worth a damn, so he's willing to trade any and all of them that are in the system to help the major league club.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to sign Gallardo to a 4 year deal, reduce it to 2 years + team option after some injury concerns and hope that Fowler comes along. And when all that didn't work out and Gallardo still stunk in spring training and still gave Matusz $4m...we had to cut what little starting pitching depth we had to save $5m because of irresponsible roster/team management.

You have a $140m payroll. One that you decided to hold on to a damn LOOGY for $4m instead of keeping what little depth you had as far as SP goes. Then, you have to give up a comp pick to get rid of Matusz to save some dough. Just maddening.

Don't forget signing a platoon DH after Fowler backed out then cutting MiGo to pay for it.

Archived