Hey, Can I ask you something? (KBO player Kim Jae-hwan)

cm1290

Non anabolic steriods 5 years ago? Like...cortisone?

I would have no hesitation signing a guy with no anabolic steroid issues.

What is his contract status is KBO? When is he a free agent?

Is this him?

Stats are pedestrian until this season at age 27. Why so few games per year? (about 50)

<PRE>

Year Age AgeDif Tm Lg Lev Aff G PA 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS

2008 19 -9.2 Doosan KBO Fgn 14 21 0 0 0 0 0 6 .143 .143 .143 .286

2011 22 -6.4 Doosan KBO Fgn 30 56 3 0 2 8 1 14 .185 .214 .352 .566

2012 23 -5.3 Doosan KBO Fgn 13 43 1 0 1 1 4 9 .128 .209 .231 .440

2014 25 -3.9 Doosan KBO Fgn 52 96 6 0 3 13 11 12 .306 .385 .482 .868

2015 26 -2.5 Doosan KBO Fgn 48 180 8 0 7 22 22 39 .235 .335 .425 .760

2016 27 Doosan KBO Fgn 51 193 12 0 19 54 17 36 .356 .409 .753 1.162

All Levels (6 Seasons) 208 589 30 0 32 98 55 116 .270 .340 .510 .850

</PRE>

Provided by <a href="http://www.sports-reference.com/sharing.shtml?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool">Baseball-Reference.com</a>: <a href="http://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.cgi?id=kim---008jae&utm_source=direct&utm_medium=Share&utm_campaign=ShareTool#standard_batting">View Original Table</a><br>Generated 6/15/2016.

I love Orioles and KBO(Korea Baseball is quite fun.. haha)

Kim Jae-hwan is a player in KBO. He is now at 19 homers and He is over .300 batting average.

He is so good. but He is diagnosed with positive steroids (No anabolic) 5 years ago.

He also received disciplinary action. but people say "He is doing well now by virtue of 5 years ago of drugs"

Even though He ate steroids, Disparaging His record is right?

Hello - Steroids stop working when you stop taking them (or soon after). So to answer your question, if he did the drugs 5 years ago, the affects have worn off.

And assuming he hasn't done them since (or other performance enhancing substances), his results would be legitimate.

I love Orioles and KBO(Korea Baseball is quite fun.. haha)

Kim Jae-hwan is a player in KBO. He is now at 19 homers and He is over .300 batting average.

He is so good. but He is diagnosed with positive steroids (No anabolic) 5 years ago.

He also received disciplinary action. but people say "He is doing well now by virtue of 5 years ago of drugs"

Even though He ate steroids, Disparaging His record is right?

That depends. There are many people who would crucify someone for their entire lives over mistakes made, but I seriously doubt any of those people would appreciate it if it was done to them since everyone in all walks of

life make mistakes every day of their lives. It really depends how you personally feel about it. That said, the drugs stop working when you stop taking them and if it's non-anabolic, who cares anyway? There is no way that

anything he took five years ago and has since stopped taking would have any effect whatsoever on what he is doing now.

Can't steroids cause cancer? Maybe I am thinking of something else Weams.

Alcohol is a hard drug that is responsible for nearly 100,000 deaths a year and Americans are killing themselves with it at record rates in these days, but where is the outcry over that? People still smoke cigarettes despite

knowing that they will likely kill you or at least lead to reduced quality of life as well. People still eat crappy food and Americans are as obese and unhealthy looking as ever yet that doesn't stop anyone from overeating either

does it? We know how dangerous other drugs are such as sugar and caffeine yet that stops no one either. The point is whether or not something is dangerous doesn't stop anyone from maintaining that course of action

even if it kills them.

It all comes down to personal responsibility and accountability for your actions which is becoming a lost art and has been replaced with finger pointing, lawsuits and apathy. Why should we or anyone protect people from

themselves? It's their choice if they want to risk their health or their lives and it's on their head when something bad happens. We live in a society where most people are addicted to one drug or another whether it's food,

sugar, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco or various narcotics, most people are hooked on at least one of them unfortunately. This is a society of drugs even though most people don't consider them "drugs", but having the choice

to do them or not do them is what freedom is all about, isn't it? ;)

Archived