Things that need to happen..

Dark Helmet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Newsflash........he can't.

Last I heard he had almost even splits. I won't bother to look it up. Reimold is now beyond evidence. Either you hate

him or see him as a adequate supporting player. Evidence only clouds the mind.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Last I heard he had almost even splits. I won't bother to look it up. Reimold is now beyond evidence. Either you hate

him or see him as a adequate supporting player. Evidence only clouds the mind.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

He's struggled in limited numbers this year but, yes, he's actually historically hit lefties as well as (or occasionally better than) he hits righties.

At the top of my list: Kevin Gausman need to win ONE game.

What's the problem with Reimold? He has done the Delmon Young job just fine.

He's here to hit LHP. He's batting .217 against LHP. Delmon Young was hitting .310 against LHP when the O's got rid of him.

He's here to hit LHP. He's batting .217 against LHP. Delmon Young was hitting .310 against LHP when the O's got rid of him.

Interesting...I did not realize that split. However, historically he has no differential, and his overall numbers are in line with his norms. He came through with a base hit in a big spot last night. Would have scored the tying run if Janish simply gets his bat on the ball. Getting rid of Reimold is not in the top 100 of my list of "things that need to happen".

Janish, on the other hand, is pretty terrible. As soon as Manny comes back, I would DFA. I know Flaherty isn't much better, but Janish snuck through waivers before and I don't think he has done anything since that would make him more valuable to another team.

Still, pitching pitching pitching. That is what needs to change. Not sure what the solution is, but something needs to happen. Our #2 SP is 0-5, and it's not just lack of run support.

I for one could not understand how Gausman and Wieters let their catcher foul off like 10 pitches in a row all but one a fastball on the outside of the plate and let him hit a sac fly? Why not throw a 97 mph heater down the middle of the plate (rising fastball) about shoulder level and see if he would chase? Or something low and inside? Makes me think Wieters was scared he would hit him in the ribs like he did Beltran. Bundy already shows much more ability to pitch to either side of the plate than Gausman, who much like Daniel Cabrera has the high mph fastball that he cannot consistently command and an unreliable curveball, which when it is not working he is in big trouble.

Archived