Things that need to happen..

Dark Helmet

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worley should be ready to come back as soon as he's rested up from throwing 3 IP last night. Unless we want to stretch him out as a backup plan for Ubaldo

O'day apparently isn't progressing as fast as we hoped. Read last night that he's going to need another bullpen session and then two simulated games.

Drake, Givens, Tolliver are all expecting babies soon. That's why I think we brought Drake back after throwing 37 pitches last night. Just to try and get some innings out of him before he got sent out. We could call Jason Garcia up since he's on the 40 man. He pitched 6 IP on the 25th so he's probably ready to go and he's stretched out.

Roe and Beato are options but they don't have any options. Especially when it would just be for a few days until Worley and O'day are back. We could add R.Rodriguez to the 40 man, we will have to anyway this offseason, and DFA Hale or 60 day DL Duensing.

Drake and MacFarland gone ASAP.

Are we ready to punt on Wright as a ML starter and turn him loose in the bullpen? At least for the rest of this year?

Drake and Mac are frustrating for sure, but they have roles on this team in the regular season. IMO, they're bodies to get outs at almost any cost when we're blowing teams out, which is potentially a regular occurrence with this offense. Buck won't need to go beyond a 4th bullpen arm should we make it to the postseason, so I'm not worried about them when it matters most. We need O'Day back asap though. Hopefully he's not going to miss much more time.

I am a little surprised Buck went to Drake after he went 1.2 on 37 pitches yesterday. Even if they don't mind burning him before the paternity leave, I was not surprise he wasn't sharp today.

Drake isn't a multi inning reliever. He's only been used 3 times this year in AAA on back to back days and never pitched more than one inning in any outing. Drake isn't terrible, we were asking him to do something in the majors that he hasn't done before.

I'd like to see a fresh arm up here until Worley and O'day come back.

Archived