Sports Financial Adviser Cheats Baseball players.

weams

N

Nothing wrong with common stock ownership if you are willing to lose it all if you do not have a stop loss strategy in place. Many legitimate financial advisors who do not operate fraudulently do cost their client large sums of money when they get too aggressive with their strategies. But ride the waves.

Just don't have too many eggs in any one basket, is my view. The Dow is down 500 points today following the Brexit vote, and it won't surprise me if the next few weeks are rocky for stocks. But I think it's prudent to have diversified stock investments as a part of one's portfolio, instead of leaving all savings in the bank. Heck, it can be risky to buy a house.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
N

Just don't have too many eggs in any one basket, is my view. The Dow is down 500 points today following the Brexit vote, and it won't surprise me if the next few weeks are rocky for stocks. But I think it's prudent to have diversified stock investments as a part of one's portfolio, instead of leaving all savings in the bank. Heck, it can be risky to buy a house.

No question. The long haul has always born that out for the market as a whole. Except when the companies inside go chapter 9 or 11 and the public holds the notes. In common shares.

N

Houses are very risky, after being seemingly invulnerable for many years. Trying to live off the return on investment has put many a fine man down.

I think it's prudent to have diversified stock investments as a part of one's portfolio, instead of leaving all savings in the bank. Heck, it can be risky to buy a house.

These guys already hit the lottery being one of the 700 and making the mega millions from a more moderate background. They have no reason to keep chasing the dream. It came true. Live with the winnings, not the return.

Archived