Bud Norris and Arodys Vizcaino?

Dark Helmet

Would you be OK with this move? Norris is having a solid season, but is an upgrade over any number 5 we can throw out there. Arodys Vizcaino makes it a 5 inning game. I'm leaning more towards a move like this. Can you imagine a backend of the BP like Vizca?no/Brach/O'Day/Britton.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. In my opinion, Bud hid an injury in his walk year and put himself above the team. I don't want him back, ever.

Vizcaino might help but I doubt they want to trade him and bullpen is not really a weakness. He would create a big roster crunch before roster expand. If we add a bullpen piece, I think it should be a lefty.

No. In my opinion, Bud hid an injury in his walk year and put himself above the team. I don't want him back, ever.

This should only be relevant if the players on the team don't like him, and even then, it has to be balanced against the obvious need for more starting pitchers.

This should only be relevant if the players on the team don't like him, and even then, it has to be balanced against the obvious need for more starting pitchers.

I disagree. The players may like a guy who "has guts" and "toughness" to play through injury. The GM and manager have the obligation to recognize what's going on and cut the player loose in the best interest of the team. This isn't just a character/personality issue, it affects performance.

Would you be OK with this move? Norris is having a solid season, but is an upgrade over any number 5 we can throw out there. Arodys Vizca?no makes it a 5 inning game. I'm leaning more towards a move like this. Can you imagine a backend of the BP like Vizca?no/Brach/O'Day/Britton.

This may explain his turnaround ... The Cutter!

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/no-but-seriously-check-out-bud-norris/

Vizcaino might help but I doubt they want to trade him and bullpen is not really a weakness. He would create a big roster crunch before roster expand. If we add a bullpen piece, I think it should be a lefty.

What injury did he have? I remember that he got a bad stomach bug and then bronchitis on top of that, and run his system down. But, this wasn't hidden from the team.

A lot of interest in Vizcaino from other teams plus a lot of years under control means he's going to be pricey. Chris Lee or Christian Walker isn't going to land him.

I agree with your comment about Vizcaino. But I think there's a big difference between the value lf Walker and Lee. Walker has next to zero trade value, while Lee has very significant trade value - to the point that I'd rather keep him than trade him for Vizcaino.

I'd have no problem giving up a mid teens prospect for Norris. He's hardly the only player who's hid an injury, and I don't see how that affects him being a good teammate 2 years later.

I agree with your comment about Vizcaino. But I think there's a big difference between the value lf Walker and Lee. Walker has next to zero trade value, while Lee has very significant trade value - to the point that I'd rather keep him than trade him for Vizcaino.

I'd have no problem giving up a mid teens prospect for Norris. He's hardly the only player who's hid an injury, and I don't see how that affects him being a good teammate 2 years later.

I have serious doubts this is true.

Archived