Bud Norris and Arodys Vizcaino?

Dark Helmet

I have serious doubts this is true.

Well, I think the O's would be foolish to trade Lee without getting an outstanding player. Some say he is the top arm in the O's system. When you have a lefty who has a fastball in the mid 90's and has shown very good command, you keep him, imo.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I think the O's would be foolish to trade Lee without getting an outstanding player. Some say he is the top arm in the O's system. When you have a lefty who has a fastball in the mid 90's and has shown very good command, you keep him, imo.

I mentioned that I heard MASN talking about his being the best arm in the system, but others don't like his low Ks and 24 still at AA.

I don't like trading lefties, since LHP SP is in high demand and short supply.

What injury did he have? I remember that he got a bad stomach bug and then bronchitis on top of that, and run his system down. But, this wasn't hidden from the team.

He had a back injury in spring training. He went on the DL with the viral infection in mid-May but had been pitching terribly from the very beginning of April. Even when rushing himself back from the viral infection, he openly admitted "thinking about the business side".

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-bud-norris-says-nothing-crazy-about-sore-back-20150313-story.html

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/07/bud-norris-i-was-looking-way-too-much-into-distractions-this-year.html

He had a back injury in spring training. He went on the DL with the viral infection in mid-May but had been pitching terribly from the very beginning of April. Even when rushing himself back from the viral infection, he openly admitted "thinking about the business side".

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-bud-norris-says-nothing-crazy-about-sore-back-20150313-story.html

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/07/bud-norris-i-was-looking-way-too-much-into-distractions-this-year.html

Thanks, I forgot about the sore back in ST.

Would you be OK with this move? Norris is having a solid season, but is an upgrade over any number 5 we can throw out there. Arodys Vizcaino makes it a 5 inning game. I'm leaning more towards a move like this. Can you imagine a backend of the BP like Vizca?no/Brach/O'Day/Britton.

I think heads on this board would ex

He would be a good fit with Buck and the clubhouse, Bud got along very well with his teammates.

I liked Bulldog Bud I would not mind seeing him come back was sorry to see him collapsed like he did when he got sick in spring training.

Bud's getting it done better then Ublado or Wright.

Vizcaino yes, Norris no.

Anyway let's not get an average starter. If Os are in, they need to go all in with a TOR consistent pitcher. No more feldman, Jimenez or gallardo types. World Series or bust requires a better pitcher than those guys to throw out there with Tillman and hopefully Gausman

Vizcaino yes, Norris no.

Anyway let's not get an average starter. If Os are in, they need to go all in with a TOR consistent pitcher. No more feldman, Jimenez or gallardo types. World Series or bust requires a better pitcher than those guys to throw out there with Tillman and hopefully Gausman

Put together a realistic package for one who is available...

I'll wager you can't.

Vizcaino yes, Norris no.

I agree, but I don't see a single #1 SP I really want on a team that is likely to be out of contention. Maybe Hill but I just don't have confidence his arm will hold up for 200 IP and the playoffs.

Vizcaino yes, Norris no.

There is no such player out there that is realistically attainable for a team like the Orioles and their assets.

There is no such player out there that is realistically attainable for a team like the Orioles and their assets.

Right now there isn't. Hopefully some teams will drop out and there will be some more sellers. Remember that Gallardo started a playoff game for TEX last year against TOR. 5 ip 2 ER.

I'm not a big Ubaldo fan by any means, but I've been saying that I like Ubaldo against these favorable matchups that he's had and will have in the near future. Maybe they're saving Bundy for starts in September on. I don't think this is the year we need to trade for a 4/5 type. We have that. We need a 1-3 type. Just gotta see what happens.

Put together a realistic package for one who is available...

I'll wager you can't.

Why the attack? All I'm saying is mediocre to average pitching would be just spinning wheels.

It's been done before by other teams, so duquette can get creative or pass...whatever just no more of the guys I mentioned.

Archived