Welcome Julio Borbon (DFA)

backwardsk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad for Yastrzemski. The guy was killing it when he got to AAA and probably would have gotten the call but he hasn't hit much since May. Both he and Avery just got a shot across the bow when the organization reaches over them and pulls out a guy from AA.

Too bad for Yastrzemski. The guy was killing it when he got to AAA and probably would have gotten the call but he hasn't hit much since May. Both he and Avery just got a shot across the bow when the organization reaches over them and pulls out a guy from AA.

Only thing I could think of is that they like Borbon more as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

Xavier has better SB #'s, 13 out of 14 verus Borbon's 20 out of 29. Still behind Rickard and Reimold on the bench, he should play sparingly if at all.

Roch tweet. On phone, not sure how to post those.

Here ya go...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Julio Borbon wearing No 29. Ken Singleton and Tommy Hunter approve <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Borbon makes sense. Will likely be DFA'd after he is no longer needed. I'm assuming he's out of options. He's a better pinch runner option than Yaz and Avery. Plus he's been a pretty good org. guy for us over the last 3 years.

DD is definitely working the depth this year. He'll be the 39th player we've used this year. 17th position player.

Only thing I could think of is that they like Borbon more as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

Xavier has better SB #'s, 13 out of 14 verus Borbon's 20 out of 29. Still behind Rickard and Reimold on the bench, he should play sparingly if at all.

Bourbon is a much better defender than Avery. Plus, he will be DFA when Kim returns.

Archived