Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, lets stick with the likes of Tyler Wilson, Mike Wright, anf Vance Worley.

Because trading for a guy who averages less than 5 IP per start, an ERA and FIP over 5, a WHIP approaching 1.5 is that much better?

The guy has a 939 OPS against righties and a 779 against lefties.

In 6 road starts, he has an ERA near 8. He's only pitched well at...wait for it...home at Petco.

And this is in the NL.

The guy is a disaster waiting to happen. Wright would be better, IMHO.

Because trading for a guy who averages less than 5 IP per start, an ERA and FIP over 5, a WHIP approaching 1.5 is that much better?

In 6 road starts, he has an ERA near 8. He's only pitched well at...wait for it...home at Petco.

And this is in the NL.

Agreed. Again, no reason to trade for a guy like cashner.

He doesn't help our playoff chances, certainly doesn't help out WS chances and will only end up costing us extra money and prospects.

So of course, we will trade for him tomorrow.

And this is in the NL.

And if he sucks, who cares? Not like were moving some top prospect of ours for an expiring 5+ ERA guy. We may as well test out as many guys and hope one sticks as we can if we want to compete.

If we arent going to go and get a good starter, we may as well try to get someone that has potential. Cashner does if you see his stuff.

It seems those that don't want Cashner because he is so bad are mostly the same group that blamed DD for trading Arrieta. And no I am not saying he will be Arrieta or anything but Cashner has been just about as good as Jake and maybe better then him when traded. I beleive Jake would have been 1 year younger at time they were traded. Cashner and Jake both went to TCU and Cashner was considered the better pitcher on that team.

It seems those that don't want Cashner because he is so bad are mostly the same group that blamed DD for trading Arrieta. And no I am not saying he will be Arrieta or anything but Cashner has been just about as good as Jake and maybe better then him when traded. I beleive Jake would have been 1 year younger at time they were traded. Cashner and Jake both went to TCU and Cashner was considered the better pitcher on that team.

They are? I don't see a connection between the two groups.

Archived