Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've liked him in the past two. Cashner is interesting. Our major league scouts have seen him pretty closely the past couple years since he has been on our radar. This year his fastball location has been off and some in the office feel like its something we can fix and allow him to become more consistent with his delivery. We've always loved the arm. Certainly there is risk though. We haven't heard anything about a 24 hour window though. Things change quickly--we'll see how it develops. As I said before, we are also in on Hellickson. Andy MacPhail, Matt Klentak, Ned Rice, and Joe Jordan are all former O's front office guys who have a voice over there in Philly. They know our system very well.

We have also checked in oh Teheran, nothing close on anyone yet.

Awesome to hear on all fronts. Thats why id love to buy low on cashner. He has a ton of talent, just need to refine some things.

I would go crazy if we got teheran. Young controlled ace. We havent had that in forever.

Awesome to hear on all fronts. Thats why id love to buy low on cashner. He has a ton of talent, just need to refine some things.

I would go crazy if we got teheran. Young controlled ace. We havent had that in forever.

The price is astronomical. John Hart does love Bundy and Gausman. If they give up a young controlled ace, they will want a player who can grow into the next Teheran. Package would have to include one of those guys and Schoop I believe. Most in the office feel all we need is a Joe Saunders type to keep us in games.

The price is astronomical. John Hart does love Bundy and Gausman. If they give up a young controlled ace, they will want a player who can grow into the next Teheran. Package would have to include one of those guys and Schoop I believe. Most in the office feel all we need is a Joe Saunders type to keep us in games.

No way I'd trade Schoop for any pitcher.....no way.

Don't just look at the stats. Look at his stuff. Is he better than Jimenez or Tyler Wilson? I think the answer is yes. I'd trade him straight-up for a non-prospect in our system, and pay the full salary he is owed for the rest of the season.

Don't just look at the stats. Look at his stuff. Is he better than Jimenez or Tyler Wilson? I think the answer is yes. I'd trade him straight-up for a non-prospect in our system, and pay the full salary he is owed for the rest of the season.

Do you really think we can get him for a non prospect though?

Wait, wait. Timeout. San Diego wants Bundy/Gausman AND Schoop for Cashner? Seriously, someone should slap the crackpipe out of their GM's hands and immediately place him in restraints long enough to get him to rehab.

Wait, wait. Timeout. San Diego wants Bundy/Gausman AND Schoop for Cashner? Seriously, someone should slap the crackpipe out of their GM's hands and immediately place him in restraints long enough to get him to rehab.

I believe he was referring to the asking price for Teheran, not Cashner.

Id be fine parting with gausman or bundy...but if they want schoop who has thr looks of one of the better power hitting 2b then its an obvious no go. Both those pieces would be a ton to pay.

Archived