Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just thinking out loud: anyone think we give Scott a look in August? Read not long ago where Graham says he's made big strides.

I sat next to the mother of the scout that scouted Scott and she thought he would get a Sept call up.

I was kinda surprised because he is still wild. Any lefty than can throw 100mph will be coveted, wow.

From what I'm seeing on MLBTR the Marlins gave up their #2 (Josh Naylor 1B) and #6 (Luis Castillo RH) prospects for Cashner and Rea.

Seems like a lot but neither guy is top 100. In fact the Marlins only have 1 guy in their system in the top 100. Are they regarded as having a weak system? Naylor was drafted just last year in the 1st rd. Castillo is 23 and in the High A, our equivalent would be Frederick.

At first it seems like they gave up a lot but maybe not. Rea is a #5 SP that they'll have 6 years of control of.

I don't think we should have topped the offer. But, I'm rooting for the Marlins.

Cotillo: Text from NL scout: "If Castillo is in the deal, he's the headliner. Better prospect than Naylor." #Padres #Marlins

Since the kimbrel trade, preller may just be the next Andy macphail. He's killing the trade market.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marlins?src=hash">#Marlins</a> will also send RHP Jarred Cosart to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Padres?src=hash">#Padres</a> in the Andrew Cashner/Colin Rea deal, sources said. <a href="https://t.co/9Zg41PR6rM">https://t.co/9Zg41PR6rM</a></p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">July 29, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thank God Cashner went elsewhere, especially since their asking price was a #2 prospect and more.

They got Rae too who should be a good no starter and 26 under control for 4 more years. Rae maybe worth more then Cashner because of team control

0bb18139079c846a6ba0473d43c232f8.png

Being creative and targeting a long man and is exactly what we should be doing Because of the exaggerated prices IMO. Maybe (hopefully) by August, things come down a bit.

I like the idea of E.Ramirez. He's pitched a ton of innings in tough spots for them. His ERA would likely be better if he were treated like a normal reliever and go just 1 inning stints and have favorable matchups.

TB is loaded with pitching and he may be being forced out. He was a super 2 this year and made 2.38 million. He's going to get start getting pretty expensive for them considering the cheaper/younger/better options they have.

They got Rae too who should be a good no starter and 26 under control for 4 more years. Rae maybe worth more then Cashner because of team control

This may be the most inflated market for pitching I have ever seen. We might as well stand pat at this point.

Stark: The Marlins turned to SD after not matching up with Phillies on Hellickson. And the Rays asked for Yelich & Realmuto for Moore or Odorizzi!

hahahaha when did GMs become so crazy.

Maybe, just maybe, if we wait it out we might get a reasonable deal at the last minute. But I doubt it. Hellickson is a nice innings guy, but not for a top prospect.

Stark: The Marlins turned to SD after not matching up with Phillies on Hellickson. And the Rays asked for Yelich & Realmuto for Moore or Odorizzi!

hahahaha when did GMs become so crazy.

It's going to happen when you have 2/3 of the league within 6.5 games of a playoff spot. The asking prices will go down in August but their is no flexibility then. Especially since players will have to clear the whole AL to get to us. Add the NL if they come from that league.

Im liking idea of just standing pat with our farm unless we can get a young player that hasnt had a great pppurtunity like Erasmo. Sort of like Brewers did last year with nabbing Villar who got an opportunity and is now a very, very good middle infielder.

Archived