Morosi: Orioles Have Discussed Cashner

weams

Jon Heyman of TodaysKnuckleball and FanRag Sports reports that the Orioles scouted Andrew Cashner's start on Thursday.

They saw him pitch well, as Cashner struck out eight while holding the Cardinals to one run over 5 2/3 innings. The Orioles were also connected to Cashner back in February before they signed Yovani Gallardo. The Rangers and Blue Jays are also known to have interest in the righty even though he's put up a 4.79 ERA this season. Jul. 22 - 2:28 pm et

Really hope we could get him for a cheap price. Would be nice to take a flier on him at the back of rotation.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They want more than Parker. Whether or not we give them more is yet to be determined.

Fair enough. Bridwell's shine has almost completely faded. I still don't think he's worth much more than a minor league reliever assuming we take on the remaining salary. Maybe add someone like Jimmy Yacabonis?

They want more than Parker. Whether or not we give them more is yet to be determined.

What type of piece exactly? I mean, Cashner is expiring, they aren't competing, and he has had a poor year and the track record isn't great. I want him because there is talent here and maybe we do know how to fix him but even in this market the cost for an expiring contract that has close to a 5 ERA shouldn't be to crazy cost wise.

You think it ultimately gets done? Just seems like a cheap option that is sort of ideal for us, especially considering we seem to be very fond of him dating back a couple years.

What type of piece exactly? I mean, Cashner is expiring, they aren't competing, and he has had a poor year and the track record isn't great. I want him because there is talent here and maybe we do know how to fix him but even in this market the cost for an expiring contract that has close to a 5 ERA shouldn't be to crazy cost wise.

You think it ultimately gets done? Just seems like a cheap option that is sort of ideal for us, especially considering we seem to be very fond of him dating back a couple years.

Probably Wright or Wilson. Knowing how DD works around the deadline we'll probably trade Brian Gonzalez for him.

You realize how razor thin this market is for pitching right? Its probably the worst pitching market we have seen in a long time. Dombrowski did a phenomenal job as always going out and being aggressive early because he knew how thin the market was.

You realize how razor thin this market is for pitching right? Its probably the worst pitching market we have seen in a long time. Dombrowski did a phenomenal job as always going out and being aggressive early because he knew how thin the market was.

Yes, I realize how thin the market is. I'm just saying they can't exactly be expecting some substantial piece unless our view of a substantial piece is different. Never said they should accept Bridwell, but can't imagine its a ton more value wise than that.

Yes, I realize how thin the market is. I'm just saying they can't exactly be expecting some substantial piece unless our view of a substantial piece is different. Never said they should accept Bridwell, but can't imagine its a ton more value wise than that.

SD has the leverage. They will have multiple teams on him to want an extra arm. Forget that he is a free agent at the end of the year, he has proven that he can pile up strikeouts. Yes, he hasn't be the same this year, but as of recently he has been better. I think he will be had for more than Parker Bridwell. When you have 10 team looking at around 4 starters, the price is going to be higher than if it were just one team looking. SD can pick and choose.

Archived