Who will it be?

weams

Instead of a trade I think the O's may promote from AAA.

Lefty Ariel Miranda now has a 1.93 ERA in his last 7 starts. He will fit well in the pen as a long reliever.

If Dan does not find the deal he likes for pitching I think we may see Despaigne optioned and Miranda promoted.

If Givens appears tired he could be optioned for a while also. Ondrusek looked good in his first outing. If he has a couple more like that Givens could go down until September.

I think Dan picks up a right-handed hit right fielder off the waiver wire in August.

JMG

Free Beato!:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Instead of a trade I think the O's may promote from AAA.

Lefty Ariel Miranda now has a 1.93 ERA in his last 7 starts. He will fit well in the pen as a long reliever.

I don't see how Miranda fits on this team. They already have two long men on this team, one who has been very effective (Wilson) and another who is obligated to remain on this team due to his salary (Ubaldo). The Orioles badly need a LOOGY but Miranda's numbers against righties are much better than his numbers against lefties. The Orioles have to at least make a trade for a LOOGY because the current bullpen as constructed is extremely inflexible.

Yanks are set for the future they have stocked up maybe we should trade Trumbo Wieters Adam Jones and Britain and do the same I don't think we are good enough to compete in the playoffs no pitching

Yanks are set for the future they have stocked up maybe we should trade Trumbo Wieters Adam Jones and Britain and do the same I don't think we are good enough to compete in the playoffs no pitching

The O's could do very well in the playoffs with Tillman, Gausman and Bundy. If the team hits.

Thanks!

I don't see how Miranda fits on this team. They already have two long men on this team, one who has been very effective (Wilson) and another who is obligated to remain on this team due to his salary (Ubaldo). The Orioles badly need a LOOGY but Miranda's numbers against righties are much better than his numbers against lefties. The Orioles have to at least make a trade for a LOOGY because the current bullpen as constructed is extremely inflexible.

One plus inning relievers: Britton, O'Day, Brach and Ondrusek

Middle and long relief: Wilson and Miranda

Spot starter from the pen: Jimenez

Through August.

One plus inning relievers: Britton, O'Day, Brach and Ondrusek

Middle and long relief: Wilson and Miranda

Spot starter from the pen: Jimenez

Through August.

Is Ondrusek really the answer? He hadn't pitched in the majors or even the minors since 2014. I know he had good numbers in Japan but how do we know it'll translate over here to the U.S? And I would really prefer if the Orioles pick up another starter and put Gallardo in the bullpen instead of calling up Miranda. Gallardo has been just as bad as Wright. You could even make a case that Gallardo has been even worse than Wright because his WHIP and strikeout to walk ratio has been considerably worse. He needs to be removed from the rotation ASAP.

Archived