Machado or Arenado?

evenparthrough9

It's a great time for 3B right now. 4 players over 5 fWAR (Bryant, Donaldson, Machado, Longoria) and another 4 over 4 fWAR (Turner, Seager, Rendon, Arenado), with more than 20% of the season remaining. No other position has that many players performing at such a high level.

Everyone does realize that Aranado is about to go 40 HR and 130 RBI two years in a row. Manny has never driven in over 86 in a season. Huge difference. I'm still on the fence with this decision. I'm trying not to be biased.

1.049 OPS at Coors, .799 away. He's a good hitter, but take Coors away and Manny's better.

Everyone does realize that Aranado is about to go 40 HR and 130 RBI two years in a row. Manny has never driven in over 86 in a season. Huge difference. I'm still on the fence with this decision. I'm trying not to be biased.

It's the same reason that Chuck Klein could hit .386-40-170 with an 1.123 OPS in 1930 but was only the 4th-best player in an 8-team NL. All the parks aren't the same.

1.049 OPS at Coors, .799 away. He's a good hitter, but take Coors away and Manny's better.

The Rockies have five players with a .900+ OPS in 400+ PAs and are seven games under .500. The humidor took the park effect from 125-130 to down to 115-120. The run context in Coors today is about the same as the AL in 1996.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

Camden Yards is at 1.015

Coors Field is at 1.511, that's .263 better than the 2nd most offense (runs) friendly park, Progressive Field (Cleveland). It's also .496 more run friendly than Camden Yards.

Also on HR's

Camden Yards: 1.068

Coors Field: 1.401,which is the most HR friendly park in MLB and is rated .333 more HR friendly than Camden Yards.

Archived