Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never seen such a sorry bunch of losers in my life and I'm talking about the losers that beat up Orioles like theses two idiots night and night. Players make millions they make millions on every team why would they wanna get those millions here.

Adam outlines 6 possible reasons, and yet somehow neglects to mention that the Orioles are playing the second half at 30W-34L clip

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17606075/baltimore-orioles-outfielder-adam-jones-calls-home-attendance-sad

1. Ticket prices being higher, although you can bring in food and beverages.
  2. Marketing and promotions, I'm sure they're not the best.
  3. I don't if know if they've gotten complacent already on us winning.
  4. "It's due to school starting;
  5. weather, which is understandable;
  6. danger, which I don't see

o

If Jones said this today, then his timing is bad, in my rat's ass of an opinion.

The Orioles had a chance to either gain ground or at least hold serve with head-on play against the Red Sox in the first 2 games of the series, and they lost both games.

I believe that as the team leader, it's Jones' job right now to be consoling and reassuring his teammates that they are still very much alive for a playoff berth first and foremost right now, and to be trying to help Showalter in any way he can to get them ready for the next game ........ not complaining about the apathy of Oriole fans.

This quite possibly could be the last O's game I watch all year. This team just disappoints me again and again. You know why we hate the Red Sox? Because we wish we were them. We wish we had an unlimited payroll, good pitching and the best offense in MLB. We wish that our ballpark was full all the time. We wish that we'd be bad for two or three years and then take the AL by storm. It's gluttony for punishment is why we're still fans.

No Adam. What's sad is the way y'all done let Boston come into Baltimore and literally PUNKED you guys.

Maybe with better crowd support they'd be doing better. Yes, I'm serious. It must be very deflating to have a 6-3 road trip, beating Detroit and Boston, and then find out that your fans aren't coming out to support you in critical games.

Take it for what it's worth. But I can remember Boog Powell saying "We used to pat ourselves on the back if we'd get 2 million fans to come see us" during the Talking Baseball show with Tom Davis back in the HTS days. These are tough times for a lot of us. It's not the 90's anymore.

Did anyone else catch that little music number heading into the top 6th tonight? Featuring the 2012 & 2014 rally cries "buckle up" and "we won't stop".

Interesting...

It's an abomination.

But this is coming from someone who despises country music in all forms, so I may not be the best source.

o

If Jones said this today, then his timing is bad, in my rat's ass of an opinion.

The Orioles had a chance to either gain ground or at least hold serve with head-on play against the Red Sox in the first 2 games of the series, and they lost both games.

I believe that as the team leader, it's Jones' job right now to be consoling and reassuring his teammates that they are still very much alive for a playoff berth first and foremost right now, and to be trying to help Showalter in any way he can to get them ready for the next game ........ not complaining about the apathy of Oriole fans.

I really wish I was still allowed to give reps because I couldn't agree with you more. If Orioles fans haven't been showing up to the games because they don't believe in the team, they've sure been proven right after the way the Orioles have laid down and died against the Red Sox pitching the past three days. Great job guys.

Maybe with better crowd support they'd be doing better. Yes, I'm serious. It must be very deflating to have a 6-3 road trip, beating Detroit and Boston, and then find out that your fans aren't coming out to support you in critical games.

So that was why Chris fired the ball past Brach? Why the team hacks at crap at the plate. If management woke up more fans would be there.

The Billy Beane Moneyball Oakland A's teams sure as hell didn't have any issues playing with a ton of heart and passion when nobody was going to their games. Neither did the Maddon/Friedman Rays teams. Hell, the Indians had 13 thousand people show up to watch them play yesterday and they won on a walk-off hit in the bottom of the ninth inning. Great teams like Maddon's Rays, Beane's A's and today's Indians take care of business know how matter little fan support they get. If the Orioles players can't get amped up to play the Red Sox in a must-win four game series because of lackluster fan support, they're a bunch of losers plain and simple.

Take it for what it's worth. But I can remember Boog Powell saying, "We used to pat ourselves on the back if we'd get 2 million fans to come see us" during the Talking Baseball show with Tom Davis back in the HTS days. These are tough times for a lot of us. It's not the 90's anymore.

o

I understand what Powell is saying, and I agree with his overall point ........ but his memory is inaccurate if he indeed said that.

When Powell was playing, drawing 1 Million fans in a year was considered a general mark of respectability.

In 1979 ........ 5 years after Powell was traded to the Indians, and 2 years after he retired ........ the Orioles drew the most fans that they ever had in their history in Baltimore since 1954 ...... 1.681 Million.

These are the Orioles' attendance figures between 1966 and 1974, when Powell and his teammates were at the height of their glory:

1966: ) 1.2 Million

1967: ) 955,000 (Less than a Million)

1968: ) 943,000 (less than a Million)

1969: ) 1.062 Million

1970: ) 1.057 Million

1971: ) 1.023 Million

1972: ) 899,000 (Less than a Million, 154-game season due to the Players Strike)

1973: ) 958,000 (Less than a Million)

1974: ) 1.002 Million (Barely over a Million)

Archived