Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The entitlement on this board is insane.

This is the wrong thread to bring that up in. This is a handsomely paid baseball player voicing his concern about working class folks not spending more money on a team that has played poorly since the end of July, raised ticket prices, and slashed promotions. There is no entitlement on this side; this is a product that gets paid for by people who are currently unhappy with the product, myself included.

Could you imagine the CEO of McDonalds putting out a press release saying "gee I don't know what's wrong with people that they don't want to eat hamburgers anymore". That's entitlement. You have it wrong.

Tell me having a 6-3 road trip is choking? No one showed op after that.

Sorry amigo, your point isn't terribly clear....yes, the 6-3 road trip was inspired, which is why a 2-5 homestand thus far is that much more frustrating and nearly inexplicable. And of course, I wish there were more fans, and I don't think there is no connection; I've been extremely vocal about that on this board.

That said, these men are professionals that have looked, frankly, pathetic the last 7 games. They are frittering away a playoff berth right now and they have no one else to blame but themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what's sad? The Orioles play since the ASB.

And this team is seriously boring. They're a one-dimensional team with no team speed. They don't know how to work counts or lay off borderline pitches or shorten their swings in pitcher's counts or foul off good pitches to extend at-bats.

Outside of Gausman, the starting pitching is painful to watch. Even when they're effective. they throw a ton of pitches and allow baserunners every inning. It's just not a very enjoyable experience watching them play,

Adam needs to focus on himself. Who wants to spend what's alot of money to most, to go watch him hack at one pitch, then walk back to the dugout. His act on and off the field are getting old. I'm ready for him to move on really.

Did Adam bring this topic up or was he asked? I don't know.

If they would have ran some deals they get the lower level packed and the environment is much better.

I'm tired of the "where are the fans?" rhetoric too. What other business places the blame of poor sales at the feet of the customer? That is seriously insane. It's the entire Orioles organization's primary responsibility to figure out why they can't sell tickets to a team that's somehow, by the grace of God, 12 games above .500.

There's this perception in the media right now that Oriole fans should be at the park supporting their team, as though we are a different breed of "fan". Baltimore fans are the same people that make up fans of any sports team. We aren't special. We aren't ungrateful. If anything, we've endured more crap than most baseball fans have. Fifteen years of garbage then three seasons of a team who, all three seasons, backed into the playoffs and the bats died down the stretch.

I'm tired of reading about how it's the fans fault attendance is down.

And this team is seriously boring. They're a one-dimensional team with no team speed. They don't know how to work counts or lay off borderline pitches or shorten their swings in pitcher's counts or foul off good pitches to extend at-bats.

Outside of Gausman, the starting pitching is painful to watch. Even when they're effective. they throw a ton of pitches and allow baserunners every inning. It's just not a very enjoyable experience watching them play,

I agree. It has gotten to the point where I'm more excited when they score off doubles and singles than I am when Trumbo or whoever hits a 420ft solo HR.

Did Adam bring this topic up or was he asked? I don't know.

If they would have ran some deals they get the lower level packed and the environment is much better.

That I'm not sure. The team could have done more like you said. Until today, I wasn't aware they raised prices to give away games. Or atleast they do for bobble head games. Not much of a give away, if it costs more to go.

I'm tired of the "where are the fans?" rhetoric too. What other business places the blame of poor sales at the feet of the customer? That is seriously insane. It's the entire Orioles organization's primary responsibility to figure out why they can't sell tickets to a team that's somehow, by the grace of God, 12 games above .500.

There's this perception in the media right now that Oriole fans should be at the park supporting their team, as though we are a different breed of "fan". Baltimore fans are the same people that make up fans of any sports team. We aren't special. We aren't ungrateful. If anything, we've endured more crap than most baseball fans have. Fifteen years of garbage then three seasons of a team who, all three seasons, backed into the playoffs and the bats died down the stretch.

Yeah, this pretty much nails it.

For me personally, 2015 took a lot of wind out of my sails. 2014 season was probably the highest I've been on this team since the mid 90's. I was pumped that we were on the cusp on the World Series and looking forward to 2015 being our year.

Then we get the disaster of 2015 off-season with the Duq to Toronto drama, Cruz walks, Miller walks, our big off-season acquisition is Travis Snider. We hover around contention long enough to make bad trades for guys like Perra and fall out of contention.

They decide to go all in for 2016, but it felt like a year too late. Lots of money spent on what look like bad contracts, no real upgrades to the rotation, farm system looking barren.

They've been competitive mainly because of the hot start and the home runs, but it has been hard to really get excited about our playoff chances given the state of our starting pitching.

But that's just me.

I agree with most of this. Don't agree with the backing into the playoffs but your main overall point. The media seems to be taking the Orioles side here and not looking at the Orioles.

Archived