vs. YANKEES, 9/02

OFFNY

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sorry

What is a Thunder shirt?

It's like a sweater than wraps tightly around a dog to make it feel safe during storms. There's also a theory that it cuts down on static electricity that may make a dog uncomfortable. It works most of the time as long as we get it on her ahead of time. It has a calming influence, like a hug.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If Elias could somehow magically combine Stowers and Kjerstad into one player, then the O's would really have something.  I think Kjerstad has a special bat, but his defense anywhere leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't know if Stowers can keep his Ks low enough to be an everyday player, but the O's should find out before Santander hits free agency.
    • Read the ninth post on page one I wrote. That should have been the last post in this dumpster fire of a thread. Lol
    • What if he bats .100 for the next month?
    • I agree. And I think he has a higher upside than Kjerstad because he's actually a very good fielder. He's a guy that I think deserves regular playing time.
    • Back when we DFA'd Bauman, I said the right move would have been sending down Akin. He's just not very good. Sure he'll tease you with a month or two of good ball but he's very average. Cano is Cano. He had his 15 minutes of fame. He intimidates no one. And that's what you need from a high leverage guy. Vieira --- no need mincing words here --- he's not just a project, he stinks. Everyone has tried to fix his command issue and everyone has failed.  On the other hand, while he's no Bautista I don't mind rolling with Kimbrel this year. I like Coulombe. I think Perez, Webb and Tate are "ok".  The overall issue is that this bullpen isn't the bullpen a championship squad needs. Elias should have known that. Maybe he thought the offense and starting pitching would make up for our bullpen deficiencies. No team is perfect, I get that. I just don't know how a guy as bright as Elias thought this bullpen would be good enough coming out of Spring Training. Let's hope he makes some moves to get us a couple quality relievers.
    • From my understanding of the data the impetus for pulling pitchers early is not (usually) due to pitcher fatigue or pitcher injury risk, but rather because they're not as good the 3rd/4th time thru the lineup.  But I think I'd rather have our starters go from good to mediocre the 3rd time thru the lineup, versus trusting the crappy members of our bullpen with the ball.  Granted Akin had a bad game today and he had been pretty good, but we also tried to have Cionel get thru 2 innings and he gives up a leadoff triple.
  • Popular Contributors