TT: Every game is a playoff game now

Tony-OH

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm concerned that we seem to have a six man rotation down the stretch instead of pitching Tillman, Bundy & Gausman on normal rest. Not sure why Buck thinks its in the team's best interest to get more starts for either Gallardo or Miley...

Rays have hit Bundy hard twice and he's in uncharted innings territory. Pitching Miley on Sunday would be a reasonable decision.

Well he certainly answered that. Gausman just came up huge in an important playoff-like game. His fastball tonight was electric but the command of it made it almost unhittable. Add in his split-change and even the slider was ok at times and you have a sure fire ace tonight! When a guy is throwing 99 MPH on his 117th pitch, you know he brought his A-game. Envisioning Gausman and Bundy in this rotation for years to come is getting more and more exciting.

Hats off to the young man tonight. One the most money performances I've seen in some time.

It's hard to overstate what Kevin just did. The ESPN announcers - I believe Eck was the color man - were just raving about him. It seems like we've handled Boston well over the past few years and we used to handle them back in the 70's, but that is one hostile place to go into in a playoff atmosphere like this. This game meant as much to them as it did to us. It wasn't like we had to win but they were out of it. That was about as much tension as an Orioles pitcher is ever going to face outside of the playoff themselves. Go O's!

Rays have hit Bundy hard twice and he's in uncharted innings territory. Pitching Miley on Sunday would be a reasonable decision.

Pitching Miley is never reasonable. If you want to skip Bundy, pitch Worley.

In response to the thread title, every game is huge. Hope we can avoid a let down vs. Tampa. Keep our foot on the pedal.

Miley needs to skip his next start period. He sounded like he had no idea what he was doing wrong when he was interviewed after the Red Sox. He even went as far to say it was the best he's felt in a while pitching in a game. Miley needs to figure out what he's doing wrong before you trot him out there again.

Pitching Miley is never reasonable. If you want to skip Bundy, pitch Worley.

In response to the thread title, every game is huge. Hope we can avoid a let down vs. Tampa. Keep our foot on the pedal.

I hear you on how bad Miley has been, but Vance Worley is not much of an upgrade. 5.98 FIP in the 2nd half.

It's hard to overstate what Kevin just did. The ESPN announcers - I believe Eck was the color man - were just raving about him. It seems like we've handled Boston well over the past few years and we used to handle them back in the 70's, but that is one hostile place to go into in a playoff atmosphere like this. This game meant as much to them as it did to us. It wasn't like we had to win but they were out of it. That was about as much tension as an Orioles pitcher is ever going to face outside of the playoff themselves. Go O's!

No doubt. It was one of the most impressive in season games I've seen thrown, especially when you consider the playoff-like atmosphere in Fenway. I also think Wieters did a great job of calling the game yesterday. He changed speeds and moved in and out well.

One of the best things I saw yesterday was Gausman's power curve was an effective 3rd offering. He didn't get any whiffs with the pitch, but he changed the eye level of the batter and gave them something else to think about. Regardless, Gasuman coming up big should quell some of the Jeremy Guthrie talk when discussing Gausman. He's not going to be that good every start, but we now know we have a horse who can still bring it in the 8th in a crucial situation. I'm not sure we can even say that about Tillman.

No, no, no, OMG no! I'll take my chances with Bundy. Miley needs to take Ubaldo's old spot in the bullpen.

Well he certainly answered that. Gausman just came up huge in an important playoff-like game. His fastball tonight was electric but the command of it made it almost unhittable. Add in his split-change and even the slider was ok at times and you have a sure fire ace tonight! When a guy is throwing 99 MPH on his 117th pitch, you know he brought his A-game. Envisioning Gausman and Bundy in this rotation for years to come is getting more and more exciting.

Hats off to the young man tonight. One the most money performances I've seen in some time.

Well said, thanks KG.

Have you seen Miley pitch with the O's? I would rather go with Gunkel or Worley at this point if Bundy can't pitch. Even with Rays, starting Miley is waving a white flag.

I'd rather start Hyun Soo Kim on the mound than Wade Miley. Aside from taking a bat out of his hands, it would be an upgrade to our chances of winning the game.

So, we lose Sunday, guaranteed, unless the offense has an absolute monster game against them. Gotta win these next couple to keep pace.

Archived