The weather could play havoc with the end of the season

Frobby

It's been raining in Detroit most of the day. Weather.com shows a little window between 6 and 10 where the chance of precip dips below 50%, but it may be a struggle to get a game in tonight. I sure as hell hope there are no more 5 inning wins in store for Detroit! If no game is played, they'd have to come back on Monday if the game meant something. Not a great situation for us, since Cleveland won't want to mess up their playoff rotation plans, etc.

Meanwhile, in New York there is a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, 50% on Saturday (looks like in the morning), and then 70% on Sunday. We could find ourselves playing a doubleheader, playing Monday, or both.

It's been a crazy season, and it's going to have a crazy ending.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what happens if there are rainouts Friday and Sunday, and multiple tie scenarios for the wildcards? Sounds to me like they might have to alter the plans to have the wildcard games on Tuesday. Surely they have some kind of contingencies ready to go.

And then Matthew comes up the coast,late next week. Baseball around Christmas. It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas. World Series in the snow.

It's been raining in Detroit most of the day. Weather.com shows a little window between 6 and 10 where the chance of precip dips below 50%, but it may be a struggle to get a game in tonight. I sure as hell hope there are no more 5 inning wins in store for Detroit! If no game is played, they'd have to come back on Monday if the game meant something. Not a great situation for us, since Cleveland won't want to mess up their playoff rotation plans, etc.

Meanwhile, in New York there is a 90% chance of rain tomorrow, 50% on Saturday (looks like in the morning), and then 70% on Sunday. We could find ourselves playing a doubleheader, playing Monday, or both.

It's been a crazy season, and it's going to have a crazy ending.

Panic in Detroit. Game postponed.

And then Matthew comes up the coast,late next week. Baseball around Christmas. It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas. World Series in the snow.

We better not have FanFest the second Saturday in December again, the World Series might not be over yet.

Panic in Detroit. Game postponed.

As has been pointed out before, this is pretty much equal to a win for the Tigers, who will be playing a AAA lineup vs. the Indians on Monday.

If we lose tonight, it's going to come down to who has the better record between us vs. the Yanks and Tigers vs. Atlanta over the last three games (with Seattle possibly in the mix if they sweep their 4-games series vs. the A's).

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

In New York, weather.com calls for a > 50% chance of rain or showers for 36 consecutive hours from 1 AM tonight/Friday morning through noon on Saturday. More rain is forecast on Sunday. The game on Saturday is scheduled for 4.05. All Sunday games are scheduled to start at 3 Eastern time.

The forecast for Boston calls for rain starting Friday afternoon and getting heavier on Saturday morning -- again over 30 hours of continuous rain. The TOR-BOS game on Saturday is a night game.

While these forecasters tend to over-predict rain, it looks bad. I hate to see the season extended, but it would be worse to have the WC qualifiers decided by games that start and stop, or are played in a downpour or in impossible conditions. This isn't football.

I hope, but certainly don't expect, that our principled Commissioner will coordinate a process that makes the best of this mess. More likely, the paramount goal will be to preserve the integrity of the Roger Maris bobblehead giveaway on Saturday afternoon.

In New York, weather.com calls for a > 50% chance of rain or showers for 36 consecutive hours from 1 AM tonight/Friday morning through noon on Saturday. More rain is forecast on Sunday. The game on Saturday is scheduled for 4.05. All Sunday games are scheduled to start at 3 Eastern time.

The forecast for Boston calls for rain starting Friday afternoon and getting heavier on Saturday morning -- again over 30 hours of continuous rain. The TOR-BOS game on Saturday is a night game.

While these forecasters tend to over-predict rain, it looks bad. I hate to see the season extended, but it would be worse to have the WC qualifiers decided by games that start and stop, or are played in a downpour or in impossible conditions. This isn't football.

I hope, but certainly don't expect, that our principled Commissioner will coordinate a process that makes the best of this mess. More likely, the paramount goal will be to preserve the integrity of the Roger Maris bobblehead giveaway on Saturday afternoon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The weather for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> series this weekend looks great. <a href="https://t.co/S5eCRvO7lb">pic.twitter.com/S5eCRvO7lb</a></p>— Eroc RDT (@BarstoolRDT) <a href="

">September 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we lose a couple of games to the weather and the season gets extended by a couple of days, we get Tillman, Gausman and Bundy some extra rest

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The weather for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>-<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> series this weekend looks great. <a href="https://t.co/S5eCRvO7lb">pic.twitter.com/S5eCRvO7lb</a></p>— Eroc RDT (@BarstoolRDT) <a href="
">September 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Doesn't look conducive to home runs.

If we lose a couple of games to the weather and the season gets extended by a couple of days, we get Tillman, Gausman and Bundy some extra rest

Along with 3/4ths of our infield. Who have played almost or every game they possibly could this season. It may be a good thing for the O's offense. If it isn't it really can't hurt it.

Archived