Poll: Fireable Offense?

VeveJones007

Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Was not pitching Britton in the WC game a fireable offense for the O's manager?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a fair question to ask but the answer is no. The fact is, the Toronto bullpen was no-hitting the Orioles and unless that changed it was a matter of time.

So you are saying it was better to just lose when they did instead of losing two innings later?

Not walking Edwin to set up the DP was just as bad. Nolan Riemold? You've got to be kidding me

Britton needed to come in then. Ubaldo gives up the two hits and it was apparent he was not ready. IBB Encarnacion so Britton can warm up and bring him in for the DP / force out at home. Bad decision.

If you ask me tonight? Yes.

If you ask me tomorrow? No.

Buck is superb. Gibbons is a chump.

But Buck gets way too cute sometimes. Liriano is:

1. A groundball pitcher

2. Got immediate outs

Jimenez is:

1. A groundball pitcher

2. Everything was up

For #2, why not have Britton ready to rock and roll?

Personally, Jimenez would never sniff this game unless he was starting.

Not walking Edwin to set up the DP was just as bad. Nolan Riemold? You've got to be kidding me

Yeah, people defending Buck just don't get it. He's been making poor decisions based on his personal feelings all year long. Actually, it's been going on for the last several years but it's really reared his head with the way he handled the Kim situation. This is the same guy who ran off A-Rod and then Alfonso Soriano in Texas. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

No, of course not. We would not have had the success we have had without Buck the past five years and we would be very very unlikely to find anyone better.

That doesnt mean it wasn't a horrible decision that deserves to be condemned.

No, of course not. We would not have had the success we have had without Buck the past five years and we would be very very unlikely to find anyone better.

That doesnt mean it wasn't a horrible decision that deserves to be condemned.

I'm tired of people giving Buck credit for every single thing. MacPhail and even Duquette deserve more credit for the Orioles success because they were the ones who put together his roster. The GM's always been more far more important to a baseball team's success than the manager.

Archived