Nobody I'd rather have behind the helm in 2017 than Buck

LookitsPuck

Tonight sucked.

So did the Miley implosion against the Yanks.

But there are very few managers I'd rather roll the dice with than Buck in 2017.

Extra innings and the only runs scored were a 2 run bomb from Trumbo. This offense feasts on homers. And dies on anything else.

Buck did everything he could. And, yes, he failed w/ the Jimenez decision. But if Jones, Davis, Schoop, Machado, Hardy (etc.) all choke and only score 2 off a homer back in the first 4 innings...

...well maybe the issue isn't always the most obvious.

Go O's.

In BUCK we trust.

See you in the offseason.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baseball managers I'd rather have than Buck

Bruce Bochy

Joe Maddon

Terry Francona

Joe Girardi

Jeff Banister

There's five right there. Hell, even John Gibbons was smart enough to use his closer and best reliever Roberto Osuna in a non-save situation. Typically you don't use closers in extra innings at home but even Gibbons realized the urgency of every inning was and didn't wanted to risk going down with bullets left in the chamber.

Bruce Bochy

Joe Maddon

Terry Francona

Joe Girardi

Jeff Banister

There's five right there. Hell, even John Gibbons was smart enough to use his closer and best reliever Roberto Osuna in a non-save situation. Typically you don't use closers in extra innings at home but even Gibbons realized the urgency of every inning was and didn't wanted to risk going down with bullets left in the chamber.

Girardi and Banister, no... the remaing, yes.

Bruce Bochy

Joe Maddon

Terry Francona

Joe Girardi

Jeff Banister

Banister > Showalter? I'll have what you're having because it must be some good stuff. The dude has been managing for TWO years, taking over a fairly decent situation.

I could see an argument for the others (though Girardi is a bit of a reach), but Banister? There's no defense for that. Buck is one of the top 5 managers in baseball and we are very fortunate to have him. Sure, he can be stubborn in his ways. But all managers have their faults.

Tonight sucked.

But there are very few managers I'd rather roll the dice with than Buck in 2017.

Extra innings and the only runs scored were a 2 run bomb from Trumbo. This offense feasts on homers. And dies on anything else.

Buck did everything he could. And, yes, he failed w/ the Jimenez decision. But if Jones, Davis, Schoop, Machado, Hardy (etc.) all choke and only score 2 off a homer back in the first 4 innings...

Go O's.

In BUCK we trust.

Completely agree. I don't understand not going to Britton, and I get the meltdown from the fans here, but Buck gives the team a better chance to win almost every night than almost any O's manager I've seen in 37 years.

Tonight sucked.

Go O's.

In BUCK we trust.

This anti Buck, it's Buck's fault stuff is absurd. He's the best manager in the game. If

we used ZB in 11th and didn't score, and later grabbed the lead, who would close out the game, Jimenez?

This anti Buck, it's Buck's fault stuff is absurd. He's the best manager in the game. If

we used ZB in 11th and didn't score, and later grabbed the lead, who would close out the game, Jimenez?

a) Talking about firing Buck is an absurd emotional knee-jerk, a response to a hard-to-stomach loss

but

b) Not using Britton was clearly a mistake

Archived