Apparently the Tigers almost gave Chris Davis a $200 Million contract last offseason.

FanSince88

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis had a better year than Upton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Davis contract is not really that bad. It is only bad if you think we are the Athletics payroll wise...which may be the case more than not. But even so, even the great Billy Bean hasn't figured out a remedy for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has another monster year or two left in his contract.

The Davis contract is not really that bad. It is only bad if you think we are the Athletics payroll wise...which may be the case more than not. But even so, even the great Billy Bean hasn't figured out a remedy for that.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has another monster year or two left in his contract.

2015 count as a monster year?

Regarding the link -- I think the article is spun heavily in favor of the home team there. Typical excuses include "Upton was bad in the first half but great in the second half" and "Davis was a lot better defensively but that could change next year".

Believe it or not I like Davis' contract better moving forward. UNLESS Upton takes the opt out.

Archived