11:00 am Press Conference

siriusoriole

Agreed MacPhail was very impressive. I am having a hard time keeping my optimism in check. After all these years of BS it looks like we are all (mostly) ready to stick our head out out again that we are headed in the right direction.

And I am saying this during a 9 game losing streak.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's certainly saying some great things, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. With his background as a cost-cutter in Chicago, let's hope he's in favor of cutting the dead weight from this team and get some young talent in here.

And a new FO.

To be fair about the cost cutting, he isn't the owner. If he was Steinbrenners President he might have had a different reputation. If he was Loria's President he would be known as a slash and burn guy. The question is does he do a good job or not w/the budget ownership gives him.

Guest rochester
ITS ABOUT F'ING TIME SOMEONE FIGURED THIS OUT IN THAT DAMN WAREHOUSE!

Wasn't that Flanny and Duq in the background on the typewriters??

Then I saw their computer screens and it looked like monster.com was up.

Anyway, yikes! You tell the world that your goals is .500 and the new sheriff comes riding into town and says that is totally BS...in the first introduction!!

OUCH

Bye Bye Miggy we will miss you!

If he's smart enough to realize that sending off Miggy is in this club's best interest, I'm gonna buy him a steak dinner tonight. Then after he's done eating I'm gonna say I'm going to the bathroom but instead leave the restaurant, because he makes a lot more money than me.

Guest rochester
Yeah...I too will believe it when I see it. But, I like what I'm hearing. If this is all true, and there is actually a baseball man with full authority of baseball decisions, I will be thrilled. This move would improve the team infinitely more than a new manager.

Agreed...but doesn't he sound like Peter Angelos except he knows something about the game?

If he's smart enough to realize that sending off Miggy is in this club's best interest, I'm gonna buy him a steak dinner tonight. Then after he's done eating I'm gonna say I'm going to the bathroom but instead leave the restaurant, because he makes a lot more money than me.

Then hopefully Bye Bye Danny Boy we are gonna miss you. You had all the potential in the world and will do great for some NL team! Maybe we will see you some day in the series but for now goodbye!

And he didn't say, but Flanagan and Duquette are now Asst GMs...

I posted earlier Flanny may well be the odd man out. Duquette is a very good relationship with most GMs and agents around baseball. Flanny is a square peg Angelos has been trying to fit into a round hold for years.

Then hopefully Bye Bye Danny Boy we are gonna miss you. You had all the potential in the world and will do great for some NL team! Maybe we will see you some day in the series but for now goodbye!

I'd rather see bye bye Danny Boy, Hello Tex!

I posted earlier Flanny may well be the odd man out. Duquette is a very good relationship with most GMs and agents around baseball. Flanny is a square peg Angelos has been trying to fit into a round hold for years.

I agree Duq is the one everyone saw chatting with Boras not Flanny!

I hope we give him a little more time, just to build his trade value. Danny's someone I'd wait until the end of the season to trade. Hopefully by then he'll have pitched a bit better and picked his value back up. Despite the bad outting his last time out, he actually finished very strong and looked like the dominant Danny of old. He needs to string together more starts like that and get this batting practice crap out of his system so we can get something good for him.

Archived