Aberdeen Ironbirds tickets

terps19

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I don't think they are bias with what they steam up and dunk in Old Bay.

I was brought up to not eat female crabs.  Helps keep the price down with the idea that they will be more likely to be released.

I won't buy female crabs to steam.  I won't allow myself to be served female crabs.

Of course I do eat crabcakes out occasionally so I'm sure I've eaten female crabs, but one does what one can.

36 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was brought up to not eat female crabs.  Helps keep the price down with the idea that they will be more likely to be released.

I won't buy female crabs to steam.  I won't allow myself to be served female crabs.

Of course I do eat crabcakes out occasionally so I'm sure I've eaten female crabs, but one does what one can.

Honestly, I don't know which one they steam. I'm more concerned with cracking them open than seeing what they are.

They might mention it somewhere on their page or in person though.

Speaking of crabcakes, the one at Aberdeen has gone downhill. They have lots of shells in them now.

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Honestly, I don't know which one they steam. I'm more concerned with cracking them open than seeing what they are.

They might mention it somewhere on their page or in person though.

Speaking of crabcakes, the one at Aberdeen has gone downhill. They have lots of shells in them now.

It's not important, I was just curious.

I don't mind shells in crabcakes, at least it means it's real crab.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's not important, I was just curious.

I don't mind shells in crabcakes, at least it means it's real crab.

Fake crab pisses me off. That and people who claim to have "Maryland Crab cakes" and put breading in them. Sacrilege, I say! She crab soup is good, and if anything helps the population due to the females being more susseptible to cannibalism. 

On 3/8/2017 at 3:46 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I was raised to throw back the female crabs as well.  And I would get mad at my dad because usually the female ones were the big ones.  Now, when I order crabs online and get them shipped to AZ for our yearly crab feast party, I only order the males.  But I do notice that they do have females for sale as well.  

What is common among restaurants in MD?  I didnt think they sold females?  I cant remember.  

2 minutes ago, terps19 said:

I was raised to throw back the female crabs as well.  And I would get mad at my dad because usually the female ones were the big ones.  Now, when I order crabs online and get them shipped to AZ for our yearly crab feast party, I only order the males.  But I do notice that they do have females for sale as well.  

What is common among restaurants in MD?  I didnt think they sold females?  I cant remember.  

The only steamed crabs I ever had in Maryland were steamed by either my father or grandfather so I am of no use to you.

My grandfather did some commercial crabbing in his retirement.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

My grandfather did some commercial crabbing in his retirement.

That is a retirement I could get use to!  Crabbing, fishing, restoring motorcycles and baseball... and like the song says "sitting on the dock of a bay watching the tide roll away" each evening... That would be my ideal retirement.  

On 3/14/2017 at 11:57 AM, terps19 said:

That is a retirement I could get use to!  Crabbing, fishing, restoring motorcycles and baseball... and like the song says "sitting on the dock of a bay watching the tide roll away" each evening... That would be my ideal retirement.  

That sounds beautiful. 

Make sure you sign the kid(s) up for the Ironbirds kids club. They get free tickets for Sunday games. They also get a free ticket for their birthday. If the kids do the summer reading program through the Harford County library, they get a free ticket. I don't know if Cecil County does it also.

It's a shame the Cal Ripken World Series moved out of Aberdeen. Me and my kids always enjoyed that. Cal Sr's Yard is a great little league stadium. You should at least check it out when you go to an Ironbirds game. It's right across the street.

19 hours ago, Munson said:

Make sure you sign the kid(s) up for the Ironbirds kids club. They get free tickets for Sunday games. They also get a free ticket for their birthday. If the kids do the summer reading program through the Harford County library, they get a free ticket. I don't know if Cecil County does it also.

Awesome I absolutely will!  However, I am not sure how many Sunday tickets we will use since I will be playing baseball on Sundays through Sept, but you never know!

Archived