Issues with Brady?

notfast

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I could spell back before spell check.  Now if it looks close and isn't underlined in red I hit Submit Reply.

Spell check is proof of Satan's existence.  Beware the slippery slope.

41 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

2010 was his rookie season. Why did the team give him flak for it? Stadium in fort lauderdale is older than dirt and never been renovated. 

Not for a young man to discuss on social media. While under contract. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

It wasn't up more than a few days.

I guess it's possible parts of it were quoted in a thread here.

He took the team to task for the conditions during ST before they moved to Sarasota.

I found the blog, and posted a link here.    I'm not sure Arrieta really meant it for the general public, as opposed to people he knew.    When it kind of blew up, I worried that maybe my posting it here was what had gotten it more widely read.    I don't remember too much about it now, except he trashed the Ft. Lauderdale facilities, especially the weight room, which I think was out in a tent somewhere.    

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I found the blog, and posted a link here.    I'm not sure Arrieta really meant it for the general public, as opposed to people he knew.    When it kind of blew up, I worried that maybe my posting it here was what had gotten it more widely read.    I don't remember too much about it now, except he trashed the Ft. Lauderdale facilities, especially the weight room, which I think was out in a tent somewhere.    

The enlarged weight tent was in the parking lot beside where the players parked their cars. The club house was way too small there and the FAA would never permit expansion.  They did have generators and air conditioning, but they were big tents. Like the type that the Cadillac Dealer meeting was held in at Epcot, the one time that I attended in July. In the parking lot.  

1 minute ago, weams said:

The enlarged weight tent was in the parking lot beside where the players parked their cars. The club house was way too small there and the FAA would never permit expansion.  They did have generators and air conditioning, but they were big tents. Like the type that the Cadillac Dealer meeting was held in at Epcot, the one time that I attended in July. In the parking lot.  

Or like they have in the field at Ft Bliss.

The condition of the field at the minor league facility was an issue as well, but I don't recall if Jake mentioned it.  I know at least one team refused to play on it.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Or like they have in the field at Ft Bliss.

The condition of the field at the minor league facility was an issue as well, but I don't recall if Jake mentioned it.  I know at least one team refused to play on it.

It was not a good field. It was similar to some of the minor league fields that Buck has complained about. 

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Good people have disagreements sometimes.  Everyone in the article is perceived as a good guy.  Why do some have to turn it into the good guy verses the bad guys?

It's the nature of the game: one team wins, one loses. Off the field, events occur that we then contextualize into making one team more or less likely to win on the field. Net result, if an event increases likelihood of success, then it is "good" and any detractors are classified as "bad."

I definitely agree with you; but I can also understand why people turn it into an us vs them, good/bad judgment. There isn't nearly enough evidence to take a hard line on this situation. We just need to continue collecting data before we can make a valid determination.

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

This is one of the articles from the Sun. Not that bad of a quote but I think there is another  Sun article that he says more things. 

Jake Arrieta, one of the organization's top pitching prospects, echoed those sentiments about the minor league facility.

"We're all very blessed to be in the situations that we're in, but it also comes with the territory that you expect to have nice facilities to work out in," he said. "Not that we're tired of Twin Lakes, but I think we deserve something better."

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-04-03/sports/0904020129_1_fort-lauderdale-stadium-orioles-major-spring

Also found this online.

Leaving Baltimore may have been more important than Arrieta’s mechanical tweaks. Arrieta became a top-shelf prospect, but never found himself, owing in part to internal tension. In his first big league spring training, in 2009, Arrieta kept a personal blog. He derided the Orioles’ spring training facilities, mocked the pitching mechanics of teammate Brad Bergesen and questioned the physical condition of established Orioles. One veteran noticed the blog, printed out copies and placed them on the chairs of every veteran in the clubhouse.

Arrieta became a target of scorn. Older players mocked him for strutting shirtless in the clubhouse. Club officials tried to tamp down his confidence. Even as those older players he ruffled moved on, Arrieta never overcame his first impression within the organization.

Archived