Outrageously good!!!

UpstateNYfan

So, my wife and I were sitting around the living room this week talking after finding out our kids are busy with their families over Easter weekend and not coming around. Spontaneously, she asks, "Where are the O's playing?" I tell Toronto, without hesitation, she replies "We are going." (It's about a 400 mile trip). We booked the Renaissance, and our going Saturday and Sunday. She is a woman that sent me to Dream Week on my 40th, tolerates taking grandkids to Ripken camps in Aberdeen every summer. Guess I am pretty lucky...Thought I give her some deserved praise at the OH. Anybody have any suggestions about what to do or not to do in Toronto?

1 hour ago, UpstateNYfan said:

So my wife and I were sitting around the living room this week, talking after finding out that our kids are busy with their families over Easter weekend, and were subsequently not coming around. Spontaneously, she asks me, "Where are the O's playing?" When I told tell her,  "Toronto", without hesitation she replied, "We are going." (It's about a 400 mile trip.We booked the Renaissance Hotel, and we're going to Saturday's and Sunday's games. She is a woman that sent me to Dream Week on my 40th birthday, and tolerates taking our grand-kids to Cal Ripken, Jr. camps in Aberdeen every summer. I guess I am pretty lucky ........ I thought I should give her some deserved praise at the OHAnybody have any suggestions about what to do or not to do in Toronto?

o

You bastard.

o

So, my wife and I were sitting around the living room this week talking after finding out our kids are busy with their families over Easter weekend and not coming around. Spontaneously, she asks, "Where are the O's playing?" I tell Toronto, without hesitation, she replies "We are going." (It's about a 400 mile trip). We booked the Renaissance, and our going Saturday and Sunday. She is a woman that sent me to Dream Week on my 40th, tolerates taking grandkids to Ripken camps in Aberdeen every summer. Guess I am pretty lucky...Thought I give her some deserved praise at the OH. Anybody have any suggestions about what to do or not to do in Toronto?

Thank your wife and remind her how awesome she is everyday. Besides that, IDK. I've never been north of harrisburgh, PA

Toronto is pretty close to the USA. You could go there...

Ok, so adjacent to Rogers Center to the East is a Ripley's Aquarium. It's between Rogers and the Metro Toronto Convention Center. Across the main street that fronts Ripley's and Convention Center (Bremmer?) there is a Roundhouse Park with a train museum and there is a Steam Whistle brewery. For local dive pub head north from Rogers to 160 St Johns and there is a dive in the basement of a row house called The Friar & Firkin, good pub fare (don't get duck wings) and beers, Bullit burbon and just a comfortable neighborhood atmosphere. For more formal eating options there are all manner of restaurants on King or Adelaide streets off St Johns and not as far north as the Friar. Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, AnythingO's said:

Ok, so adjacent to Rogers Center to the East is a Ripley's Aquarium. It's between Rogers and the Metro Toronto Convention Center. Across the main street that fronts Ripley's and Convention Center (Bremmer?) there is a Roundhouse Park with a train museum and there is a Steam Whistle brewery. For local dive pub head north from Rogers to 160 St Johns and there is a dive in the basement of a row house called The Friar & Firkin, good pub fare (don't get duck wings) and beers, Bullit burbon and just a comfortable neighborhood atmosphere. For more formal eating options there are all manner of restaurants on King or Adelaide streets off St Johns and not as far north as the Friar. Hope this helps.

Sounds good, thanks!!

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Well your wife is going to be with you, right?  :cool:

That would certainly eliminate anything I'd know about. :new_beer:

By the way, be careful about that hotel if you have a room overlooking the field. They don't call it Exhibitionist Stadium for nothing. ;)

Archived