Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2017

OFFNY

I've never booed a player.

Ubaldo gets booed proportionally more than his teammates that is true. I promise you that the fans are not mistaken. Yes, many O's pitchers have bad games and make the fans upset; Ubaldo has had many more than those players.

There are five qualified pitchers from 2014-2017-- they are Gausman, Tillman, Chen, Ubaldo, and Gonzo. Ubaldo's 4.2 BB/9 would be the 3rd worst (of 145 starters) in BASEBALL over those four years. His 5.14 is the 4th worst in BASEBALL over those 4 years. He's ranked 19th in losses. He has an extremely high profile playoff loss. He's also one of the most well compensated pitchers in Oriole history.

Again, I promise you-- the fans are not confused about Ubaldo Jimenez. When stacked against his teammates, Ubaldo has done some terrible damage to this team's W/L and it was not pretty any step of the way.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am too old to boo.  But I am not of the view of poor Ubaldo as a victim of us nasty fans and I am not going to make a fan feel guilty about booing his lousy performances, either.   He gets paid millions to come into a public entertainment space and perform.  We pay hundreds to watch him perform.  If the Rolling Stones in concerts performed Honky Tonk Woman as badly as Ubaldo pitches, there would have been riots, not booing.  

Maybe the old man would start us a new fan contract...if he signs a guy who is supposed to be really good and turns out really bad performance after bad performance, then all fans in attendance at each "pull your hair out, ain't the beer warm and flat, godawful"  start will get a half price refund...lol.   It would probably cut down on the booing I bet. 

1 hour ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I've never booed a player.

Ubaldo gets booed proportionally more than his teammates that is true. I promise you that the fans are not mistaken. Yes, many O's pitchers have bad games and make the fans upset; Ubaldo has had many more than those players.

There are five qualified pitchers from 2014-2017-- they are Gausman, Tillman, Chen, Ubaldo, and Gonzo. Ubaldo's 4.2 BB/9 would be the 3rd worst (of 145 starters) in BASEBALL over those four years. His 5.14 is the 4th worst in BASEBALL over those 4 years. He's ranked 19th in losses. He has an extremely high profile playoff loss. He's also one of the most well compensated pitchers in Oriole history.

Again, I promise you-- the fans are not confused about Ubaldo Jimenez. When stacked against his teammates, Ubaldo has done some terrible damage to this team's W/L and it was not pretty any step of the way.

I've never booed a player either, but after reading this I can understand why some do.

If this doesn't solidly represent the position that he should not occupy a roster spot then nothing will. 

I wish him the best, elsewhere. 

*Grand Poobah of the ORIOLES fan club. 

Thanks to everyone who responded. I can see the frustration here . I have had similar frustrations,  not just with Ubaldo but with other Oriole players.  And with Orioles management. It's an unfortunate situation. I will wish Ubaldo well with another team, hopefully one not in the AL East. In the meantime, I ' m still an Orioles fan.

o

3 OUTS: )   1 Strikeouts, 1 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 9/05)

IP:lll1

H:llll)l (1 Single)

R:llll 0

BB:lll0

SO:lll1

Pitches: l) 13 )(8 )Strikes, ))Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.80 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.596)  129.67 IP (207 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  .290 )  (152 for 525)

PITCHES BY INNING

*****************l

13 ll(8 llStrikes,  llBalls)

o

o

15 OUTS: )   5 Strikeouts, 4 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Popout, 1 Foulout, 1 Lineout

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/11)

IP:lll5

H:llll)l (1 Home Run, 3 Doubles, 2 Singles)

R:llll 3

BB:ll2

SO:lll5

Pitches: l) 79 )(52 )Strikes, )27 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.75 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.597)  134.67 IP (215 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  .289 )  (158 for 546)

PITCHES BY INNING

*****************l

29 ll(17 llStrikes, l12  lllBalls)

22 ll(16 llStrikes, ll 61  llBalls)

12 ll(71 llStrikes, ll 51  llBalls)

16 ll(12 llStrikes, lll 41  llBalls)

23 lll(12 llStrikes, ll11  lllBalls)

o

o

80% of the outs that Jimenez recorded (12 out of 15) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

15 OUTS: )   10 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Lineout

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (vs. YANKEES, 9/17)

IP:llll5

H:lllll)l (1 Home Run, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 1

BB:lll1

SO:ll10

Pitches: l) 100 )(54 )Strikes, )46 )Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.57 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.568)  139.67 IP (219 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG:  .285 )  (161 for 564)

PITCHES BY INNING

*****************l

14 ll(71 llStrikes, ll 61  llBalls)

24 ll(15 llStrikes, ll 91  llBalls)

18 ll(91 llStrikes, lll 91  llBalls)

19 lll(11 llStrikes, lll 81  llBalls)

25 lll(12 llStrikes, ll13  llllBalls)

o

Archived