2017 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

Just went back and looked. Friday was Select, Saturday Prime and Sunday Classic. There were no fireworks or giveaways those 2 nights. Odd to me. 

All 3 NYY Select. T-Shirt plus Labor Day day today. Then last homestand all 3 Boston games are Select, knit hat one game. 

Then Tampa Thursday-Sun are Classic, Classic, Prime, Select. Giveaways last 2 days, Fireworks on Friday. 

Why would the Orioles price this past Saturday's game as Prime with zero promos the same as sweatshirt giveaway last Saturday of year that all fans 15 and over will get? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

Just went back and looked. Friday was Select, Saturday Prime and Sunday Classic. There were no fireworks or giveaways those 2 nights. Odd to me. 

All 3 NYY Select. T-Shirt plus Labor Day day today. Then last homestand all 3 Boston games are Select, knit hat one game. 

Then Tampa Thursday-Sun are Classic, Classic, Prime, Select. Giveaways last 2 days, Fireworks on Friday. 

Why would the Orioles price this past Saturday's game as Prime with zero promos the same as sweatshirt giveaway last Saturday of year that all fans 15 and over will get? 

The giveaways are announced later than the pricing and my guess is that they are not a consideration in the pricing. Only day of the week, opponent, and time of the year.

Games 1-10 2017:  296,449 (194,265 last year)

Games 11-20 2017:  273,774 (243,702 last year)

Games 21-30 2017: 272,318 (269,184 last year)

Games 31-40 2017: 249,640 (291,035 last year)

Games 41-50 2017: 253,920 (364,469 last year)

Games 51-60 2017: 252,319 (245,760 last year)

Games 61-70 2017: 170,369 (261,482 last year)

First 70 games 2017: 1,769,149* (1,869,897 last year)

* There is a 360 person discrepancy between the 2017 season total and my calculations of each 10-game segment.   I made a small mistake somewhere and I'm too lazy to figure out where.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:53 AM, MurphDogg said:

The giveaways are announced later than the pricing and my guess is that they are not a consideration in the pricing. Only day of the week, opponent, and time of the year.

I think they are. The Schoop booblehead game against the Tigers was $12.00 on average a ticket more then the Sunday game. Sunday game was prime. The Saturday bobblehead was select.The Manny Machado action figure was elite. Sunday against the Red Sox was prime.The July 1st Britton bobblehead was prime. Next day was select.The giveaways  on Saturday that are decent are always priced more. Same opponent on Friday and Sunday are cheaper.

21 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I think they are. The Schoop booblehead game against the Tigers was $12.00 on average a ticket more then the Sunday game. Sunday game was prime. The Saturday bobblehead was select.The Manny Machado action figure was elite. Sunday against the Red Sox was prime.The July 1st Britton bobblehead was prime. Next day was select.The giveaways  on Saturday that are decent are always priced more. Same opponent on Friday and Sunday are cheaper.

Right. Saturday games cost more. Nothing to do with the giveaway. 

36 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Right. Saturday games cost more. Nothing to do with the giveaway. 

But May 6 and the 20th which also had giveaways were select games. Those were Saturday's but not as big as some of the other Saturday giveaways. I think it depends on time of the year and opponent plus the giveaway. The Orioles best giveaways are mostly on Saturday's. The thing that is weird is they played the Red Sox from June 1-4th and had a giveaway each day. In September, the only weekday giveaway is also against the Red Sox. The Red Sox draw a little better then most teams at Camden Yards. Not sure why you would not  want to put more giveaways with teams who don't draw as well.

o

3-Game Set vs. YANKEES ))))))) (September 4th, 5th, and 7th)

37,622 )l) (81.8% Full)

14,377 )l) (31.3% Full)

14,946 )l) (32.5% Full)

TOTAL )llllll.lllll.lll.lllllllllll.lll.lllllllllllllllllll)  66,945

3-GAME AVERAGE lllllll.lllll.llllll.ll22,315

o

• 2 weeks later...

Attendance in all likelihood will come in as the lowest since 2011. Should hit right around 2,000,000 or so. Could be a  little less. Lucky they had the Cubs and Cardinals during the weekend or attendance would have been worse. The promotion department was lacking again. No promotions of any kind during the week. Ollie's Bargain Night is gone. No promotions like other teams do during the week with discounted tickets or concession items. Again no holiday ticket packs or Birdland Summer 6-Pack offers fans six games at discounted prices. Zilch. I saw very little promotions at all this year. They used to have tie ins with gas stations or other local area franchises or businesses. 

55 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Attendance in all likelihood will come in as the lowest since 2011. Should hit right around 2,000,000 or so. Could be a  little less. Lucky they had the Cubs and Cardinals during the weekend or attendance would have been worse. The promotion department was lacking again. No promotions of any kind during the week. Ollie's Bargain Night is gone. No promotions like other teams do during the week with discounted tickets or concession items. Again no holiday ticket packs or Birdland Summer 6-Pack offers fans six games at discounted prices. Zilch. I saw very little promotions at all this year. They used to have tie ins with gas stations or other local area franchises or businesses. 

2,000,000 might be a reach.  They have 6 home games left and would need 20,000 fans for each game.  Last night against Boston they were just short of 17,000.  After the next 2 games with the Sox they have Tampa coming in for the last 4 home games.  But they do have promotions scheduled for 5 of the 6 home games so it is possible.

Promo Schedule:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=bal

1 hour ago, SeaBird said:

2,000,000 might be a reach.  They have 6 home games left and would need 20,000 fans for each game.  Last night against Boston they were just short of 17,000.  After the next 2 games with the Sox they have Tampa coming in for the last 4 home games.  But they do have promotions scheduled for 5 of the 6 home games so it is possible.

Promo Schedule:

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=bal

Typically, they draw pretty well on the final weekend.   Last year they drew 109,000 in the final three home games.    The year before that, 97,000.    I think they will eke over the line.

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Over, because of season ticket sales.     I think 10-11,000 is the floor.   

Isn't this the key to all of this? I doubt in Pittsburgh or Philly tonight thousands of fans are going to decide last minute to show up. Need a bigger season base not that better deals aren't an issue as well. 

Lowest attendance of the year, to date: 11,142.   Oddly, that exact number also was the low in 2016.   I assume that's basically the season ticket floor.    I'd certainly agree that Thursday's game will be about as low as it can possibly be. Why see Tampa on a Thursday night when you can see them on a weekend and pick up some swag in the process?

Archived