Trade Kim and replace him with Mancini

Diehard_O's_Fan

Trey Mancini deserves to be on the team the whole year. He is a home run threat every time he comes to the plate. I also don't think that he could be any worse of an outfielder than Kim. The Orioles need to explore every trade opportunity for Kim. The Orioles no longer need him.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't trade Kim or Smith.  They are our best OBP threats and in the minority of team members who will give you a professional at bat. 

Can't trade Mancini.  He is in the minority of our position players who are cost/team controlled for the foreseeable future.  

Kim and Smith are both FA's.  At least one of them won't be back.  That opens up an everyday spot for Mancini or Rickard if the prove to be deserving. 

There doesn't need to be a rush to degrade this year's team. 

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Can't trade Kim or Smith.  They are our best OBP threats and in the minority of team members who will give you a professional at bat. 

Can't trade Mancini.  He is in the minority of our position players who are cost/team controlled for the foreseeable future.  

Kim and Smith are both FA's.  At least one of them won't be back.  That opens up an everyday spot for Mancini or Rickard if the prove to be deserving. 

There can be plenty of opportunity for all three if they rotate.

Now I will say this -- if one of them can be traded for a fairly good starting pitcher without breaking the bank, I am all for that.

o

In my rat's ass of an opinion, this is an example of getting caught up in the momento

Last year, the Orioles' OBP for the season as a team was .317. Hyun Soo Kim's OBP last year was .382.

I don't think that the Orioles ought to be entertaining the notion of trading someone who is far and away their best player at getting on base (Kim) because a very likable player (Mancini) hit 2 home runs in one game against the Red Soxparticularly considering the fact that this team has struggled as much as they have in that category ......... the Orioles' team OBP for the last 3 seasons was .311, .307, and .317 in 2014, 2015, and 2016, respectively.

o

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Trey Mancini is to good of player to trade. He is also to good of a player to send to Norfolk. The Orioles definitely have a good outfield depth problem right now. Michael Bourn will eventually be knocking on the door soon as well. Craig Gentry better look out.

Bourn was granted his release a little while back

36 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Well trading Kim is worth it if Buck doesn't plan on playing him.

Archived